• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Backup too thorough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup too thorough

Usually one cannot backup too much. But a few years ago I wrote a website for a dominatrix. I thought I had all the backups in a place only I could find them. Last night my daughter went on the main computer and afterwards said to Mrs BP "I just saw a very rude photo. It was of someone's bottom. And it had scratches on. But I can't find it again."

I found and removed the offending evidence. But to make sure I will definetly be getting netbooks for the older kids for their birthday.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Usually one cannot backup too much. But a few years ago I wrote a website for a dominatrix. I thought I had all the backups in a place only I could find them. Last night my daughter went on the main computer and afterwards said to Mrs BP "I just saw a very rude photo. It was of someone's bottom. And it had scratches on. But I can't find it again."

I found and removed the offending evidence. But to make sure I will definetly be getting netbooks for the older kids for their birthday.

external drives are quite handy for that sort of thing.. so i've been told anyway
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

This thread is invalid without pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        WPLS
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          external drives are quite handy for that sort of thing.. so i've been told anyway
          And that is where it is now. And in a place only I can find it. A few years ago I backed up to an internal hard drive. I wiped all my pr0n and a backup of the site when the children began getting curious. But I missed a second copy. Damn!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I wrote a website for a dominatrix.
            Linky?
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              My daughter could not find it again - so I have no idea which one. However the majority of the piccies were male bottoms - only a couple of womens. I think both Mrs BP and me posed - the "scratches" were actually lipstick! However some photos were of the dominatrix's clients. She says she dealt out some VERY tough punishment - especially for those men who dared to get an erection!
              Last edited by BrilloPad; 7 February 2012, 14:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                Linky?
                Sorry - website has gone now. I assure you it was rubbish - done using wordstar. Stop sniggering at the back...

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                  Linky?
                  But if you want that sort of thing she advertised through a site called British Spanking - I think it is .com? The dominatrix wrote stories for a spanking magazine. Her husband has been the male model in another magazine. So many times they did a compilation of his greatest hits....

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Might I suggest you use a VM for your ummmm webserver.

One without shared folders/drives in the interests of security.

Otherwise you run the risk of your confidential client training videos appearing on the TV downstairs cos you plugged your ext drive into your Win7 media server.

That's probably what I would do if I developed websites.

Comment

Working...
                    X