• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Voters were angry with Tony because they love him so much"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Voters were angry with Tony because they love him so much"

Anyone see PMQs? Cameron quoted a leaked Number 10 planning committee report on the local election results, which said:

"People were angry with Tony because they love him so much and they were angry that he might go".

And here was me thinking it was because voters are now seeing him for the c*** he is.

blears was terrific - I just love this pretence of saying "everything is ok, we've just had a few problems in the last two weeks, but...

[in case of emergency, break glass to use set of meaningless propaganda soundbites to appease the non-thinking electorate]

...just remember the schools, the HNS, the low unemployment, the low interest rates..." quickly followed by booing and shouting from the audience.

Even Piers Moron was quick to damn bliar. The audience were bored with the usual rhetoric from blears and quickly sensed the blood of a dying administration.

Heseltine summed it up in one sentence referring to bliar and a question from the audience as to why he hasn’t yet paid for the mistakes:

“He will pay ….. he’s finished”. Awesome.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I loved the bit where morgan said about one thing worse than trying to defend Blair.... is trying to defend Prescott.

Absolute classic.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy
        I loved the bit where morgan said about one thing worse than trying to defend Blair.... is trying to defend Prescott.

Absolute classic.
        I missed Question Time - I take it the BBC has stopped packing the audience with lefties?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          I missed Question Time - I take it the BBC has stopped packing the audience with lefties?
          The lefties are still there but they are desperate to see the back of Bliar. I almost felt sorry for Blears, she has been promoted way above her level because Bliar has so few friends left. Morgan has been getting matey with Gordo, and it showed.
          QT should be on the BBC site, I think you need RealPlayer though.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
            The lefties are still there but they are desperate to see the back of Bliar. I almost felt sorry for Blears, she has been promoted way above her level because Bliar has so few friends left. Morgan has been getting matey with Gordo, and it showed.
            QT should be on the BBC site, I think you need RealPlayer though.
            PMQs are on the BBC site too. I'll play it again later just to hear that from Cameron. It is said to be Blair's worst ever performance.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              PMQs are on the BBC site too. I'll play it again later just to hear that from Cameron. It is said to be Blair's worst ever performance.
              And hopefully one of his last...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I saw it and thought they moved away from the Labour troubles a little too quickly. I thought that there was plenty more mileage which could have been got out of asking for audience opinions. Also the specky scottish geek who asked the question about the lack of tory policies was obviously a plant to get some pressure off Blears.

"QT should be on the BBC site, I think you need RealPlayer though."

No you can play it through media player also
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Saw it as well and admit the audience still seems to have a leftish tint to it, though even they are at the point of wanting Tony et al to sod off.

Blears was in typical NL drone mode, thousand words per minute trying to rattle off one claim after another. If it'd been me in the audience my question would have been can't someone just make the b*tch shut up for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                    I saw it and thought they moved away from the Labour troubles a little too quickly. I thought that there was plenty more mileage which could have been got out of asking for audience opinions. Also the specky scottish geek who asked the question about the lack of tory policies was obviously a plant to get some pressure off Blears.

"QT should be on the BBC site, I think you need RealPlayer though."

No you can play it through media player also
                    There is a link to the QT rerun on the front page atm.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X