• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got a Business / Personal Lease car - some very tempting offers around...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a Business / Personal Lease car - some very tempting offers around...

As above, does anyone have a car on personal / business lease and have any constructive feedback on them.

I've been toying with the idea for a while. I have always purchased my cars outright, but when I saw a deal for, say, an Audi A6 for £220 + VAT a month on a 6 + 23 it got me thinking.

My 7 year old Golf which is my daily commuter, just barely went through the MOT, and ideally needs a new battery, new brake disks and pads and a service shortly. Had a clutch recently too.

When you weigh up, yes it will cost you £264.00 a month with VAT, but the price of maintenance and depreciation on a car I bet theres not an awful amount in it.

Anyone else thought about / done this? There seems to be some great deals out there at the moment.

Yes I've thought about it.

Comment

How many miles on the Golf? 7 years old would be nearly new to me!
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
        When you weigh up, yes it will cost you £264.00 a month with VAT, but the price of maintenance and depreciation on a car I bet theres not an awful amount in it.
        Are you planning on doing this through YourCo or out of personal cash.

What sort of BIK would you be looking at if it's from company fundage?

I know fundage isn't really a word but it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

I know fundage isn't really a word but it should be.
          Wodge/Wodage?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

29* £264 is £7656. Are you sure keeping your golf going is going to cost you £7000 especially as at 7 years old there can't be much depreciation still to loss off it.

If you want a new car its a good deal. I'm not sure I would take it tho.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              29* £264 is £7656. Are you sure keeping your golf going is going to cost you £7000 especially as at 7 years old there can't be much depreciation still to loss off it.

If you want a new car its a good deal. I'm not sure I would take it tho.
              I don't think it would cost that much, but I guess I would lose £1500 depreciation on it over 2 years, its cost me £500 in maintenance in the 6 months I've had it, plus an estimated £400 due to be spent soon on maintenance. With a new car there is no worries about MOT's, maintenance (other than an annual service), tyres etc.

I reckon with the miles I do, 2 years motoring would cost £4 - £5000 all in for the Golf, and maybe £7.5K for the rental. So obviously there is a difference but seems a small price to pay to smoke around in a new Audi etc for c. £2500 spread over 2 years.

My accountant informs me it would be better to do this personally, so would take his word for it on this.

Comment

What sort of mileage will you be doing? Most of the figures are based on 10K per year and they spank you for extra miles. Not just on the p per extra mile rate but they also reduce the future value of the car so the lease cost goes up.

Comment

Deals are not as good as they were a few years ago. Just handed back my BMW 760, which I was paying 410 a month for. That was 2 years old when I picked it up. Spotted a deal on a brand new 730 diesel for 399 a month, which is pretty spectacular, but unfortunately I don't do deisels
                  World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
                    Spotted a deal on a brand new 730 diesel for 399 a month, which is pretty spectacular, but unfortunately I don't do deisels
                    I saw that deal and it looked unbeatable in terms of car per pound, unfortunately I don't do BMWs
                    Some seriously good offers on Audis too
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X