• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send the bugger back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send the bugger back

BBC News - 'Unacceptable' UK can't deport Abu Qatada - Theresa May

Show us your balls Theresa.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

There's never an over-enthusiastic copper with a rifle when you really need one, is there?
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Hmm, deporting him would be worth a lot of votes.

What's the downside?

Comment

Nice if one of those "lone wolves", if they exist, could do the bastard rather than just shooting people at random as they probably will.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Hmm, deporting him would be worth a lot of votes.

What's the downside?
          He might get tortured, or have his beard shaved off

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            He might get tortured, or have his beard shaved off

Send him home to the Palestinians and let them know that he's sold them out.

Simples.

Comment

Who the hell makes these decisions for us?

This country is at War. There should be two options if you come here as an enemy: Internment for the duration, or deportation.

I don't care if the Jordanians drag him from the plane at the other end and blow his head off at the foot of the aircraft steps, as long as it is a Jordanian plane, and not a British one.

Otherwise choose internment.

Comment

After hearing the reasons why he can't be deported, (The US's "Supermax" facility was a breach of human rights and in Jordan he will be tried with evidence gained under torture) its a no win situation unless we finally ignore the ECHR, but we know that will never happen
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
                  Who the hell makes these decisions for us?

This country is at War. There should be two options if you come here as an enemy: Internment for the duration, or deportation.

I don't care if the Jordanians drag him from the plane at the other end and blow his head off at the foot of the aircraft steps, as long as it is a Jordanian plane, and not a British one.

Otherwise choose internment.
                  Question is who are we at war with? You can't declare war on Al-Qaeda as they are not a country, and we all know how well internment went in NI!

We are trying to portray the "war on terror" as a moral and just war, just because they don't play by the rules doesn't me we shouldn't either.
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Question is who are we at war with? You can't declare war on Al-Qaeda as they are not a country, and we all know how well internment went in NI!

We are trying to portray the "war on terror" as a moral and just war, just because they don't play by the rules doesn't me we shouldn't either.
                    We are at war with anybody who first wages war against us.

They fired the first shots, remember?

The pIRA was not a country either, but they waged war, and we engaged them.

Comment

Working...
                    X