• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guinea Pigs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guinea Pigs

Whoever is tagging the threads with guinea pigs, it isnt funny. Its rendered the tag functionality completely useless since I can hardly be bothered to read the tag of every thread only to find its only guinea pigs. Admin ban please.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Mmmmmm Ive seen this popping up and I suspect MF or Atw by deduction.

However it could be anyone. It doesnt bother me at all, just obscure really.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Admin ban please.

Ok, I promise I won't tag any threads with that tag!!!

P.S. Take a chill pill...

Comment

I like the fact that the guinea pigs tag has survived numerous tag culls because it's Pogle's. I think it unlikely that Pogle has been responsible for plastering it over everything and that she would prefer it to be applied when appropriate.

I therefore offer my services - free, gratis and for nuffink - to admin for the purpose of devising a SQL query that will remove recent inappropriate applications of the tag whilst leaving legitimate applications in situ. As it is simple to review a given thread to determine if the tag is appropriate because of some comment therein, the UIDs responsible for inappropriate tagging will soon become apparent, which will make it easy to focus the search.

Of course it's possible that the same user could have made both appropriate and inappropriate use of the tag, so a blanket approach based on UIDs won't work. Maybe we could use a crowdsourcing approach followed up with a manual review before final surgical removal.

We'll pack a picnic, make a day of it

Comment

jeez nick. i'm glad you dont my specs

'anyone who fcks about with the tags , gets it.right'
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
            Mmmmmm Ive seen this popping up and I suspect MF or Atw by deduction.

However it could be anyone. It doesnt bother me at all, just obscure really.
            Yeah, it has all the hallmarks of Atw.

I guess its the same person giving everything a 5 star rating too.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I therefore offer my services - free, gratis and for nuffink - to admin for the purpose of devising a SQL query that will remove recent inappropriate applications of the tag whilst leaving legitimate applications in situ.
              Is there any progress on sorting out bookmarklet bug please? If you do I will buy you a picnic!

Can't we just the person who added the tag public?

Of course some people *might* decide to make a "guinea pigs" post before adding the tag.

I might add that since this thread was posted the guinea pig tagging has got more frequent - best to ignore it and it will go away.

Comment

I hold my paw up - It isn't me, i did request a little help a while back, when guinea pigs was disappearing, and frankly was rather pleased with the response.
                The next time I logged on I was very surprised to see Guinea pigs displayed so prominently.

I would be quite sad to see it removed altogether >sniff<
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  I hold my paw up - It isn't me, i did request a little help a while back, when guinea pigs was disappearing, and frankly was rather pleased with the response.
                  The next time I logged on I was very surprised to see Guinea pigs displayed so prominently.

I would be quite sad to see it removed altogether >sniff<
                  I did a few of them - as a result of this thread - but recently I always seem to be too late. Whoever it is - they are very fast.

Comment

We should switch to sausages.

Comment

Working...
                    X