• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mahathir Mohamad for prime minister

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mahathir Mohamad for prime minister

BBC News - 'Europe is poor so should live within its means'

"Europe... has lost a lot of money and therefore you must be poor now relative to the past. And in Asia we live within our means. So when we are poor, we live as poor people. I think that is a lesson that Europe can learn from Asia."

Can we headhunt him?

The way I see it China/India et al are just going through the same thing that the "developed world" did in the 19th century, creating a more industrial economy while the West moved on to a more service based industry of the late 20th century.

There are undertones with more and more Indian firms like WIPRO moving from its more traditional roots of manufacturing into service so they could follow the same cycle the west did.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I liked this bit:

In particular, he believes Europe and the West must begin the long slow process of restructuring their economies to reduce their dependence on the financial sector.

"I think you should go back to doing what I call real business - producing goods, providing services, trading - not just moving figures in bank books, which is what you are doing."

Comment

Sounds like yet another "fashionable cliche" spouter to me.
        I mean does Malaysia appear in the top ten exporting countires in the world?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Can we headhunt him?
          Can we afford him?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            The way I see it China/India et al are just going through the same thing that the "developed world" did in the 19th century, creating a more industrial economy while the West moved on to a more service based industry of the late 20th century.

There are undertones with more and more Indian firms like WIPRO moving from its more traditional roots of manufacturing into service so they could follow the same cycle the west did.

I disagree.

The only true expansion of the European economy was the post industrial revolution. In the normal cycle of capitalism, the bubble burst in the 1930s when a minority had most of the cash and the majority could not afford the cost of living.

The second expansion of the European economy was engineered by printing money and government bonds to rejuvenate capitalism until the bubble burst in the 1970s.

The third expansion of the European economy was drive by credit because number 1+2 were exhausted. The bubble burst in 2008.

There are no more options but the government is trying to print money to recover but it won’t work.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Sounds like yet another "fashionable cliche" spouter to me.
              I mean does Malaysia appear in the top ten exporting countires in the world?
              Export value index (2000 = 100) in Malaysia

Exports - Country Comparison

Malaysia has doubled its exports over last 10 years. And is now 21st in the world.

Sorry if saying "live within your means" is now a "fashionable cliche". I thought he would be just your sort of chap. Have you leant your password to atw?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Export value index (2000 = 100) in Malaysia

Exports - Country Comparison

Malaysia has doubled its exports over last 10 years. And is now 21st in the world.

Sorry if saying "live within your means" is now a "fashionable cliche". I thought he would be just your sort of chap. Have you leant your password to atw?
                I meant the Europe just "juggling figures " around cliche.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I disagree.

The only true expansion of the European economy was the post industrial revolution. In the normal cycle of capitalism, the bubble burst in the 1930s when a minority had most of the cash and the majority could not afford the cost of living.

The second expansion of the European economy was engineered by printing money and government bonds to rejuvenate capitalism until the bubble burst in the 1970s.

The third expansion of the European economy was drive by credit because number 1+2 were exhausted. The bubble burst in 2008.

There are no more options but the government is trying to print money to recover but it won’t work.
                  And how does Germany fit into this idiotic model of yours?
                  Flattened in 1945 , now the 2nd largest exporter in the world?
                  You just post whatever thought your senile small brain comes out with, don't you?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    And how does Germany fit into this idiotic model of yours?
                    Flattened in 1945 , now the 2nd largest exporter in the world?
                    You just post whatever thought your senile small brain comes out with, don't you?
                    Perhaps if you spent some time in the public library reading economics you would find out some facts and theories. Until then you will have to make do with your ignorance and sarcasm.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X