PDA

View Full Version : Good news and bad news from the dark side

BrilloPad
8th February 2012, 14:14
Good news - my ex just taken to hospital.
Good news2 - I get the twins for an extra night
Bad news - its not serious. But it is kidney related and she has had her transplant for 13 years now.

If I get custody I will be out of this hell hole of a country before you can say "the future lies in Asia".

northernladuk
8th February 2012, 14:17
Never really thought anyone going to hospital was a good thing, particularly the mother of my kids for their sake. Posting your personal business on an internet forum as well :eyes

Each to their own i guess.

eek
8th February 2012, 14:23
Never really thought anyone going to hospital was a good thing, particularly the mother of my kids for their sake. Posting your personal business on an internet forum as well :eyes

Divorces always seem to cause a lot of unsolvable anger.

BrilloPad
8th February 2012, 14:23

Of course you are quite entitled to your opinion. And I will be upset if the kids are upset. But after what I went through in the divorce I will shed no tears.

I am now tied to this hell hole of a country and I want out. Mrs BP is desperate to leave - she has spent most of her life as a nomad and is cheesed off staying in one place, let alone a country where the chavs have taken over, and worse still living 2 miles from my ex.

BrilloPad
8th February 2012, 14:26
Divorces always seem to cause a lot of unsolvable anger.

You never really know anyone until you divorce them.

In my case the ex held onto the kids until she got the money, then announced she only wanted to see them 3 days a week so she could work.

When she got pregnant she told the twins she would not be able to look after them atall! When they were aged 4! She lost the baby.

I am sure she has plenty of mud to sling at me - but no-one who knows me would deny I am the Greatest of Dads!

d000hg
8th February 2012, 14:40
I am now tied to this hell hole of a country and I want out.If you genuinely wish serious illness or death on your ex then I want you out too.

scooterscot
8th February 2012, 14:55
Of course you are quite entitled to your opinion. And I will be upset if the kids are upset. But after what I went through in the divorce I will shed no tears.

I am now tied to this hell hole of a country and I want out. Mrs BP is desperate to leave - she has spent most of her life as a nomad and is cheesed off staying in one place, let alone a country where the chavs have taken over, and worse still living 2 miles from my ex.

Come over to the continent. It's really not as bad as the UK press makes out.

sasguru
8th February 2012, 15:02

But avoid Spain, where unemployment is coming up to 20% (and 50% if you're under 25), regardless of what the Uk press say.
Oh and also Portugal, Greece, and probably Italy where nepotism means all the jobs are stictched up by who you know.

France isn't terribly good either. Oh and don't even venture into Hungary, where they don't like foreigners any more.

As for Poland, Czech Rep. and the rest of the Eastern bloc, I wouldn't bother.

But at least there's Germany. The western part that is. Parts of East Germany make the North of England look like an economic wonderland.

Other than that the continent is spiffing.

:laugh:laugh:laugh

BrilloPad
8th February 2012, 15:08

But avoid Spain, where unemployment is coming up to 20% (and 50% if you're under 25), regardless of what the Uk press say.
Oh and also Portugal, Greece, and probably Italy where nepotism means all the jobs are stictched up by who you know.

France isn't terribly good either. Oh and don't even venture into Hungary, where they don't like foreigners any more.

But at least there's Germany. The western part that is. Parts of East Germany make the North of England look like an economic wonderland.

:laugh:laugh:laugh

I have Switzerland, HK and Sydney under consideration.

BrilloPad
8th February 2012, 15:11
If you genuinely wish serious illness or death on your ex then I want you out too.

Actually I don't care about my ex - in my book hate is a bit too close to love.

But I resent being held in this country. And I resent the way she does not look after the kids. And I resent the family court system who assume she is a better parent by virtue of a lack of Y chromosone.

If I ever end up with a terminal illness then retribution will be mine.

Arturo Bassick
8th February 2012, 15:12

:laugh:laugh:laughIf you decide to go to Munich then you might want to avoid the expats, there a couple of cringe worthy Brits in that town. Thick as pig shit and never stop moaning about the homeland and fawning over their new hosts.
Damages the rest of us beyond measure.

scooterscot
8th February 2012, 15:13
If you decide to go to Munich then you might want to avoid the expats,

He could never afford it, so no danger there.

sasguru
8th February 2012, 15:44
He could never afford it, so no danger there.

I thought you kept saying how cheap it was and how expensive the UK was? You really are poly-educated :laugh:laugh

Churchill
8th February 2012, 15:46
I thought you kept saying how cheap it was and how expensive the UK was? You really are poorly-educated :laugh:laugh

ftfy

sasguru
8th February 2012, 15:48
ftfy

Amounts to the same thing

Lockhouse
8th February 2012, 15:52
13 years post transplant. Is that quite normal for a kidney transplant patient?

OwlHoot
8th February 2012, 15:55
If you decide to go to Munich then you might want to avoid the expats, there a couple of cringe worthy Brits in that town. Thick as pig tulip and never stop moaning about the homeland and fawning over their new hosts.

Ditto in Ahrensburg - A couple of cringe-worthily fanatic neo-Nazis. One of them was an excellent cook though, and made a damn good curry (of all things). But they soon sussed that I wasn't a fellow traveller, and started cold shouldering me, which was fine from my standpoint too as I didn't want to end up in too many secret police files and suchlike.

eek
8th February 2012, 16:00
If you decide to go to Munich then you might want to avoid the expats, there a couple of cringe worthy Brits in that town. Thick as pig tulip and never stop moaning about the homeland and fawning over their new hosts.

So you've meet Scooterscot?

BoredBloke
8th February 2012, 16:19
13 years post transplant. Is that quite normal for a kidney transplant patient?

When my wife went in for hers she was told about 10 years. She's probably on about year 5 now - although there are a fair amount that fail in the years up to that. But a lot depends on how good the match was, how well the new kidney reacts to the drugs. A better match means less anti rejection drugs which effectively slowly kill the new kidney. She got hers from her mum and the match was supposed to be pretty good. Also being a live donor makes things better as the kidney is not disconnected for any length of time.

petergriffin
8th February 2012, 16:22
If you genuinely wish serious illness or death on your ex then I want you out too.
You just want people out, doggy.

petergriffin
8th February 2012, 16:24
I have Switzerland, HK and Sydney under consideration.
Don't forget Scotland.

scooterscot
8th February 2012, 16:31
ftfy

Green eyed monster doing the rounds again I see.

sasguru
8th February 2012, 16:33
Green eyed monster doing the rounds again I see.

I really don't think Churchy envies your technical college education.

HTH