• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Low-life corporate molluscs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low-life corporate molluscs

Starting from the article which was stating that the average time for lunch in UK is 19 minutes, how many low-life corporate molluscs you reckon are in your company?

I can see a few that enjoy arriving earlier, taking no lunch breaks, leaving late and being unable to do any effective work whatsoever.

Is this the new role model for the late 2000s? A low-life corporate mollusc? Doesn't smoke, doesn't take tea breaks, doesn't have lunch, doesn't do any productive work.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Can you get on with your work now please I'm busy kissing the bosses arse?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko

Is this the new role model for the late 2000s? A low-life corporate mollusc? Doesn't smoke, doesn't take tea breaks, doesn't have lunch, doesn't do any productive work.
      It's why I went contracting in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        Starting from the article which was stating that the average time for lunch in UK is 19 minutes, how many low-life corporate molluscs you reckon are in your company?

I can see a few that enjoy arriving earlier, taking no lunch breaks, leaving late and being unable to do any effective work whatsoever.

Depends what you mean by work.
        I'm a corporate mollusc strategizer.
        You're just the corporate slave implementer.
        Deal with it.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Franco, darling, you really need to leave that firm behind and become a contractor.

99.9% of clients are idotic tossers. Most project teams are full of idiotic tossers. Being a contractor means just as much politics and frustration as a permie. The difference is the money and the fact that you don't need to worry about a promotion.

Just take the money, and if the client is happy blowing millions on crap systems (just because the FD saw an advert in the paper)... well, it's their business.
          Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
            Franco, darling, you really need to leave that firm behind and become a contractor.

99.9% of clients are idotic tossers. Most project teams are full of idiotic tossers. Being a contractor means just as much politics and frustration as a permie. The difference is the money and the fact that you don't need to worry about a promotion.

Just take the money, and if the client is happy blowing millions on crap systems (just because the FD saw an advert in the paper)... well, it's their business.
            yes - the man talks sense!

Btw, my work ethic (to use the American phrase) is: I do not smoke or take tea breaks and I have a short as possible lunch out (at least 15 minutes though away from a TFT) and eat my lunch over a 1-2 hour period whilst working which is much healthier. I also stick to 8 working hours UNCONDITIONALLY. If the PM screws up then I'm not hanging round to clear up his mess. A day is 8 hours. If a project overruns, thats another day's pay minimum.
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
            X