PDA

View Full Version : Ho ho ho, who's got the last laugh now?

suityou01
9th February 2012, 11:38
I just got some great feedback on the specifications I have written. First class. And my approach to workshops has also been praised. Now they are listening to me that the spec written by my previous encumbant is full of holes, and want to switch to agile as I suggested. Even talking about replanning. :banana:

Admittedly this doesn't give the gurning masses on here much to work with in terms of taking the piss as I have been vindicated, but ....

"They all laughed at Christopher Columbus, when he said the world was round . . . . ." la la la la la la la :music:

:moon:

mudskipper
9th February 2012, 11:39
I just got some great feedback on the specifications I have written. First class. And my approach to workshops has also been praised. Now they are listening to me that the spec written by my previous encumbant is full of holes, and want to switch to agile as I suggested. Even talking about replanning. :banana:

Admittedly this doesn't give the gurning masses on here much to work with in terms of taking the piss as I have been vindicated, but ....

"They all laughed at Christopher Columbus, when he said the world was round . . . . ." la la la la la la la

If feedback is so important, maybe you're not cut out for contracting. ;)

suityou01
9th February 2012, 11:43
If feedback is so important, maybe you're not cut out for contracting. ;)

That's great feedback, thanks. :D

MarillionFan
9th February 2012, 11:43

"They all laughed at Christopher Columbus, when he said the world was round . . . . ." la la la la la la la :music:

Yes Suity you're the best. ;)

fullyautomatix
9th February 2012, 11:45
Your flounce did not last long, did it ?

Anyway, I know your types SuitYou. You c0ckup 98% of your projects and hence if someone even provides a positive review of a trivial task that any 5 year old could have done, you come to the forum posting hundreds of threads about it.

suityou01
9th February 2012, 11:47

Yep you missed me. It's ok it's over now. Dry your eyes little one, Suitys back.

Anyway, I know your types SuitYou. You c0ckup 98% of your projects and hence if someone even provides a positive review of a trivial task that any 5 year old could have done, you come to the forum posting hundreds of threads about it.

"They all laughed when edison recorded sound ...... " :music:

ThomasSoerensen
9th February 2012, 11:48

"They all laughed at Christopher Columbus, when he said the world was round . . . . ." la la la la la la la :music::moon:

And then Little Christopher realised that it was actually Suity and not the world that was very very round.

MarillionFan
9th February 2012, 11:48

He cries every time one of his kids says 'Daddy. I love you'.

Very highly strung and in need of praise our Suity.

suityou01
9th February 2012, 11:49
He cries every time one of his kids says 'Daddy. I love you'.

Very highly strung and in need of praise our Suity.

Suityou03 mostly calls me a "dullard". Bright lad. :laugh

ThomasSoerensen
9th February 2012, 11:53

Who is his father?

suityou01
9th February 2012, 11:54
Who is his father?

:smokin

Arturo Bassick
9th February 2012, 11:58
Must be some piss poor company if they see you as the leading edge!

;-) Well done.

Bacchus
9th February 2012, 12:01
"They all laughed at Christopher Columbus, when he said the world was round . . . . ." la la la la la la la

of course they did

it's an oblate spheroid!

But it's nice that teacher gave you a star for your first piece of work, really it is. Well done little one. Where's the "sarcastic pat on the head" smiley when you need it...

Pondlife
9th February 2012, 12:07
Print out the email and stick it on the fridge door.

The kids will be dead proud.

:D

TheFaQQer
9th February 2012, 12:23

Probably because you nicked his playroom and pretended that it was an office.

d000hg
9th February 2012, 12:23
Now they are listening to me that the spec written by my previous encumbant is full of holes, and want to switch to agile as I suggested. Sounds like a great source of future hilarity calamity.

suityou01
9th February 2012, 12:25
Sounds like a great source of future hilarity calamity.

Well the waterfall route has failed. If not agile, what do you suggest, ooooooooooooooooh wise one? :tired

Durbs
9th February 2012, 12:34
"They all laughed when edison recorded sound ...... " :music:

Thats because it was a recording of Mrs Edison doing a duck impression with her queefs.

fullyautomatix
9th February 2012, 12:37
Well the waterfall route has failed because of me. If not agile, what do you suggest, ooooooooooooooooh wise one? :tired

FTFY

OwlHoot
9th February 2012, 12:38

They did laugh at Columbus, and still do, when he was convinced he had discovered India instead of America. :laugh

eek
9th February 2012, 12:43
FTFY

That's unfair. Not even Suity could totally screw up a waterfall project in 3 weeks in such a way that he isn't getting the blame and canned.

Whether agile solves general gross incompetence is a mite point. (And before you have a go Suity, that isn't aimed at you just yet).

suityou01
9th February 2012, 12:50
That's unfair. Not even Suity could totally screw up a waterfall project in 3 weeks in such a way that he isn't getting the blame and canned.

Whether agile solves general gross incompetence is a mite point. (And before you have a go Suity, that isn't aimed at you just yet).

Why would I have a go? :laugh

Agile will work in this instance as the spec has gaps. So if we build in slices and have review sessions we can close up those gaps as we go. To re-work the spec would take aaaaaaaaaaages, and the stakeholders have grown battle weary. At least regular agile iterations would reinvigorate the stakeholders and quickly build confidence.

BrilloPad
9th February 2012, 12:52
I just got some great feedback on the specifications I have written. First class.

Many contratulations :yay:

d000hg
9th February 2012, 14:43
Well the waterfall route has failed. If not agile, what do you suggest, ooooooooooooooooh wise one? :tiredYou were just telling us your spec was great and saved the project. It saved it so much they're dropping a spec-based approach?

suityou01
9th February 2012, 15:44
You were just telling us your spec was great and saved the project. It saved it so much they're dropping a spec-based approach?

Just re-read post 22 again for me would you? That's the one before Brillos.

Thanks awfully. :suicide:

:rolleyes:

d000hg
9th February 2012, 16:24
Ah, so it's not agile. Just a slap-dash make-it-up-for-now approach.

That was helpful.

darmstadt
9th February 2012, 17:36
it's an oblate spheroid!

About the only thing I remember from geography lessons, apart from wide diurnal range, is that the Earth is a geoid.

doodab
9th February 2012, 17:56
About the only thing I remember from geography lessons, apart from wide diurnal range, is that the Earth is a geoid.

You might be remembering wrong, the geoid is the surface of equal gravitational potential and is far closer in shape to an ellipsoid than it is to the actual shape of the earth.

darmstadt
9th February 2012, 21:11
You might be remembering wrong, the geoid is the surface of equal gravitational potential and is far closer in shape to an ellipsoid than it is to the actual shape of the earth.

Eh?

The hypothetical surface of the Earth that coincides everywhere with mean sea level and is perpendicular, at every point, to the direction of gravity. The geoid is used as a reference surface for astronomical measurements and for the accurate measurement of elevations on the Earth's surface.

darmstadt
9th February 2012, 21:11
You, sir, are the Mcgyver of Project Management...

mudskipper
9th February 2012, 21:15
it's an oblate spheroid!

the Earth is a geoid.

No wonder Columbus got confused.

shaunbhoy
9th February 2012, 21:20
No wonder Columbus got confused.

America was actually discovered long before Columbus. They just managed to hush it up till then.

:wink

suityou01
9th February 2012, 21:54
Ah, so it's not agile. Just a slap-dash make-it-up-for-now approach.

That was helpful.

Actually that sounds a lot like agile to me.

From wikipedia

Software projects in which new requirements are specified in bug reports

:laugh

doodab
9th February 2012, 22:17
The hypothetical surface of the Earth that coincides everywhere with mean sea level and is perpendicular, at every point, to the direction of gravity. The geoid is used as a reference surface for astronomical measurements and for the accurate measurement of elevations on the Earth's surface.

The shape of an object's gravitational equipotential surface.

The earth's geoid is usually defined in terms of mean sea level because the seas would in theory, if everything stopped moving, settle down, and their height at any point would depend on the gravitational potential. The strength of the force of gravity is the same at every point on the resulting surface, if it wasn't the water would "run downhill" until the surface was "flat". The surface of the geoid is slightly lumpy due to variations in density of the crust and mantle and so on, but it varies by only a few hundred meters from a best fit ellipsoid, and it doesn't describe the actual shape of the earth. If it did, elevation everywhere would be 0, by definition.

suityou01
9th February 2012, 22:25
The earth's geoid is usually defined in terms of mean sea level because the seas would in theory, if everything stopped moving, settle down, and their height at any point would depend on the gravitational potential. The strength of the force of gravity is the same at every point on the resulting surface, if it wasn't the water would "run downhill" until the surface was "flat". The surface of the geoid is lumpy due to variations in density of the crust and mantle and so on, but it varies by only a few hundred meters from a best fit ellipsoid, and it doesn't describe the actual shape of the earth. If it did, elevation everywhere would be 0, by definition.

You are hereby evicted from my thread for being a boring sod :tongue

:wave:

MarillionFan
9th February 2012, 22:44
Suityou. You're very clever. Everyone please join me in telling Suity how special he is.

Freamon
9th February 2012, 22:44
Why would I have a go? :laugh

Agile will work in this instance as the spec has gaps. So if we build in slices and have review sessions we can close up those gaps as we go. To re-work the spec would take aaaaaaaaaaages, and the stakeholders have grown battle weary. At least regular agile iterations would reinvigorate the stakeholders and quickly build confidence.

Well done Suity. Good luck with the agile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvks70PD0Rs

MarillionFan
9th February 2012, 22:47
Suityou. You're very clever. Everyone please join me in telling Suity how special he is.

In fact

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj6qQdLBwm4

suityou01
9th February 2012, 22:52
Feature driven development IS A PART OF AGILE :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

Proper retarded article, selected by a proper retarded poster. :rollin::rollin:

Freamon
9th February 2012, 23:06
Feature driven development IS A PART OF AGILE :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

Proper retarded article, selected by a proper retarded poster. :rollin::rollin:

Whoosh. :eyes

suityou01
9th February 2012, 23:10
Whoosh. :eyes

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-C1fFAogdXGU/Tca8UzixZsI/AAAAAAAABaQ/68JrVMlXyp4/s1600/fail-stamp.jpg

Freamon
9th February 2012, 23:12
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-C1fFAogdXGU/Tca8UzixZsI/AAAAAAAABaQ/68JrVMlXyp4/s1600/fail-stamp.jpg

The point, suity, is that "agile" is just a sales term that can mean any number of things, whereas FDD is far more specific.

suityou01
9th February 2012, 23:14
The point, suity, is that "agile" is just a sales term that can mean any number of things, whereas FDD is far more specific.

:rollin::rollin:

Freamon
9th February 2012, 23:26
:rollin::rollin:

One of the risks of "agile" is false hope, i.e. the idea that just by adopting a particular methodology you can turn a failing project into a successful one. :eyes

I'm not a big fan of methodologies - most of them turn out to be passing fads.

You know the difference between a methodologist and a terrorist?

suityou01
9th February 2012, 23:28
One of the risks of "agile" is false hope, i.e. the idea that just by adopting a particular methodology you can turn a failing project into a successful one. :eyes

This I like :yay:

What is the difference? :happy

Freamon
9th February 2012, 23:29
This I like :yay:

What is the difference? :happy

You can negotiate with a terrorist.

EricBartlett
9th February 2012, 23:30

Suity doesn't know the difference between his sphincter and his humeroulnar joint.

suityou01
9th February 2012, 23:31
Suity doesn't know the difference between his sphincter and his humeroulnar joint.

I know you're a sphincter. :rolleyes:

doodab
9th February 2012, 23:36
There are over 50 sphincters in the human body. Please be more specific.

suityou01
9th February 2012, 23:37

:eek:

Freamon
9th February 2012, 23:42

Suityou has 99 problems but a sphincter ain't 49.

suityou01
9th February 2012, 23:45
Suityou has 99 problems but a sphincter ain't 49.

OK it's sphincter and ding a ling a ding dongs time which means it's time for bed.* :wave:

* I don't think that previous line came out like I meant it to but I'm too knackered to care.

EricBartlett
9th February 2012, 23:48

The one that Suity can't tell from his elbow

Sorry for any confusion

mudskipper
9th March 2012, 18:59

WFS.