• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nokia Lumia 800 phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokia Lumia 800 phone

I'm thinking of buying a Nokia Lumia 800 (sim-free).

Anyone have one? What would you recommend? Can Windows mobile be trusted now not to keep locking up, as it did a few years ago? Is it as good as Android, and does Nokia and/or Windows have a long-term future?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Anyone have one? What would you recommend? Can Windows mobile be trusted now not to keep locking up, as it did a few years ago? Is it as good as Android, and does Nokia and/or Windows have a long-term future?
    Vodafone are doing the 710 if you ask nicely for £150+£10 top up. For that sort of money it might be worth buying 1 and playing with it for a month to decide.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Had enough of the desire?
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I was also keen on this, but I have heard reviews of really bad battery drain problems. Might be best to Google this.

But there are really positive reviews on the OS itself.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

El Reg gave the 800 and the slimmed down cheaper 710 good reviews, in fact they preferred the 710.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Had enough of the desire?
            Crikey, you have a good memory! Actually I was asking on behalf of a friend, but it was marginally quicker to say it was me (well before I had to type this explanation too!)
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Anyone who I know who has an 800 raves about it, maybe they are no longer as bad as they were?!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I bought an HD7 to use solely as a development handset and have been using it occasionally when out and about instead of my iPhone to get used to it.

Can confirm the OS is very good, pretty slick and fast even on slightly older hardware and it hasn't crashed or gone wrong yet. I'd prefer my iPhone but wouldn't be overly miffed if I had to use WP7 full time.

All the reviews say iOS --> WP7 --> Android for slickness of OS and i'd probably agree.

Its also really easy to develop for if you have any degree of .NET'ness about you, miles easier than iOS development.

I'd normally say only iPhone when someone asked what phone to get but after using WP7 and seeing how nicely the new Lumia's seem to be built, i'd be happy with one.

Comment

Working...
                X