• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's grim up north

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's grim up north

When you see which place is at number one, you may ask yourself whether 25,000 people can be wrong. Then again, you may be in complete agreement with the results from the latest survey by Rightmove, which reveal Britain's 'happiest' towns. The questionnaire covered issues such as safety, friendliness of neighbours and quality of local amenities

Which cheery place is at the top spot? - Britain's happiest places - City breaks - MSN Travel UK

6/7 of the top ten are in the North if England (I suppose Derby is midlands)

I thought the South East was a Utopia, must be a mistake?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Utter tosh.

You've obviously never seen sasguru's happy gurning face whilst dodging gangstas and muggers in Wandsworth.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      You've obviously never seen sasguru's happy gurning face whilst dodging gangstas and muggers in Wandsworth.
      I hear the crime rate has gone down as soon as he moved in ...

Comment

Maybe those up North are better liers?

Comment

It's all relative.

I live very close to Glasgow but the village I live in is very quiet with almost zero crime, no social housing, no ethnic minorities, has several footballers, minor celebs and politicians including a baroness living there as well as the usual assortment of succesfull business people. Stunning views of the surrounding countryside and good transport links for those that need to commute.

Two miles from here it's the opposite end of the scale and I doubt anybody there would be voting for their location to be a happy place to be.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

It's grim oop north
            FTFY

Comment

The beauty of London is that it is not a Utopia. Utopia is dead it is boring. One can retire and do nothing in Utopia it is not for me.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The beauty of London is that it draws all the self obsessed s into one crowded place, out of the way of normal folk. For that reason, I too love London.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  The beauty of London is that it is not a Utopia. Utopia is dead it is boring. One can retire and do nothing in Utopia it is not for me.
                  In Utopia requirements of employers would be perfectly matched with availability of employees.

No agents will be required...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    The beauty of London is that it draws all the self obsessed s into one crowded place, out of the way of normal folk.
                    Like some sort of flypaper for the socially inadequate.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X