• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old P45 -> need P46?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old P45 -> need P46?

I have my P45 from my last UK employer, however I have been abroad for 6 years since then. Can this P45 be used today with e.g. an Umbrella company or would I need a P46 instead?

I presume tax codes have changed since 2006.

Yes, I think you are right, the tax codes have changed

If you were our client, we would go down the P46 route.
    2012 CUK Reader Awards - '...Capital City Accountancy, all of whom were outside the top three yet still won compliments from CUK readers for their services' - well, its not an award, but we'll take it! - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
    2011 CUK Reader Awards - Top 3 - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
    || Check us out at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/capi...ccountancy-ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Greg@CapitalCity View Post
      Yes, I think you are right, the tax codes have changed

If you were our client, we would go down the P46 route.
      WGS

Ask the umbrella to process a P46. Tell them that this is your first job since 6 April 2011 in the UK. You should be assigned the full tax code of 747L in this tax year.

Comment

Working...
      X