• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukranian Mafia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ukranian Mafia

My son has just turned 21, and he's jumping around between jobs, desperate to find the right niche
    just like we all were at that age.

Anyway, he got himself caught up in a job seeking scam. Some people invited him to an interview tomorrow, but there was a challenge, he had to receive some money into his account from Ukraine, then pass it on to another applicant, who would then pass it on etc

in order to see who was the best at administration. It turns out that it was some sort of money laundering malarky, but the big laugh was that his acount was £100 overdrawn. So he got 950 in
    but the bank would only pay 850 out.

I have tears running down my face here, I am peeing myself laughing. He is worried about being knee capped by Putin or something, but the biggest danger is me getting a hernia

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I can do a really got Russian accent, want me to come round as a heavy and put the frighteners on him
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      turns out that it was some sort of money laundering malarky, but the big laugh was that his acount was £100 overdrawn. So he got 950 in
      but the bank would only pay 850 out.
      So that would empower CPS to say that he's retained 10%+ fee in this alleged money laundering ...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I can do a really got Russian accent, want me to come round as a heavy and put the frighteners on him
        in character already, like it
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          So that would empower CPS to say that he's retained 10%+ fee in this alleged money laundering ...
          10.5%
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

May not be money laundering.

The way the scam used to work was they would transfer in and you transfer out, they then cancel the transfer in. So he could be £950 overdrawn. It works because they can cancel many days later. The foreign bank can do this, I think its more difficult for UK banks.

Tell the Bank's fraud department and get them to cancel the transfer fast!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

he was the victim of a scam numb nuts. Anyway, where did you get my name ? you are from the Ukraine aren't you

scamming russkis
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                May not be money laundering.

The way the scam used to work was they would transfer in and you transfer out, they then cancel the transfer in. So he could be £950 overdrawn. It works because they can cancel many days later. The foreign bank can do this, I think its more difficult for UK banks.

Tell the Bank's fraud department and get them to cancel the transfer fast!
                ta, already done
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  he was the victim of a scam numb nuts.
                  Did he send money to some other "applicant"?

Comment

Did he send money to some other "applicant"?
                    exactly so. yes

do you have insight ?
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X