• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: Two die in Belgium 'race killing'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear: Two die in Belgium 'race killing'

Was too busy watching the BBC news and obviously missed all the excitement at 'home' here in Belgium.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4763655.stm

Expect they'll be another 80,000 march next weekend then.
    Last edited by Joe Black; 12 May 2006, 12:41.

scratch belgium off my holiday list.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Swap the colours around and it wouldn't be racist.

I think racism as a phrase and a concept should be banned as it's promoting discrimination.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Well who'd have guessed it, there's going to be another march. Will be interesting how many turn out this time.

What surprised me though is how easy it was for the guy to get a gun. No waiting period, police check, anything. More or less just walks into a shop, shows his ID to prove he's 18, and then walks out, loads up and starts shooting people.

Ironically (intentionally?) the street where he began his little shooting spree is apparently called 'Zwartzustersstraat', or Black Sister Street in English.

Comment

Sort of reminded me of that as well. This is apparently the nice gent who served him.

Comment

Evil evil man

Originally posted by Joe Black
            Sort of reminded me of that as well. This is apparently the nice gent who served him.

Imagine, legally selling a product to someone entitled to buy it, boo, jail him now, why isn't he being charged with the killings?
            Why not?

Comment

Are non residents able to buy weapons in Belgium?
              (just in case the ray-gun breaks)

Comment

Good question Mr Dalek. I shall investigate this tomorrow morning as I believe there's a gun shop not far from the town hall.

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                Imagine, legally selling a product to someone entitled to buy it, boo, jail him now, why isn't he being charged with the killings?
                True, can't see any real blame on his part. Still, can't say I quite agree with the idea of people just being able to pop into a shop and pick up some guns and ammo there and then without any questions.

Comment

It's not guns that kill, Mr Bond, it's the finger that pulls the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber Controller
                    It's not guns that kill, Mr Bond, it's the finger that pulls the trigger.
                    I thought Eddie Izzard put it rather better: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Guns really help though".
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X