• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next downturn?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next downturn?

The contract market is pretty good at the moment (well for me anyway!) How long before the downturn?

Need to know so I can budget for my annual whores n drugs holiday.

Joking.

Whores only.

Originally posted by marvin_esquire
    The contract market is pretty good at the moment (well for me anyway!) How long before the downturn?

Need to know so I can budget for my annual whores n drugs holiday.

Joking.

Whores only.
    Next downturn will happen Tuesday at approximately 17.20 GMT time.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Contract in government - no such thing as a recession or downturn.

For that matter, no such thing as 'work' or 'intelligence'.
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        Next downturn will happen Tuesday at approximately 17.20 GMT time.
        Blimey not long to go. Better get my best shagging pants.

Comment

And a brain the size of a planet?

Looking at the sudden drop, nay plunge, of the stock market I would say it's today.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

My makers didn't factor in the effects of Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principal during time travel hence I'm thirty-seven times older than the Universe itself so you'd expect a bit of wear n tear.

As for the rat it's been nibbling at my opto-magnetic receivers.

Oh god whats the point? It's so depressing.

Comment

Start of the decade. It's always the start of the decade. Managers with nothing better to do get inspired by a year ending in "0" to clean out old stuff and start the new decade with new systems they don't understand. This rapidly causes business failures and losses leading to lack of funding and therefore a period of lowered employment starting just before the end of year xxx1.

You didn't think it was Bin Laden that did it, did you? Managerial incompetence is much more likely and more powerful.

Comment

Indeed Bin Laden is just a cover story. If you really want to **** up the global economy just vote in a couple of oil loving meglomanaics that want to 'spread' peace, love n democracy across the globe in thier own special way.

Oh dear. We've already done that!

Comment

...the effects of Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principal during time .....
                  Principle?

Do you concur Fleetwood?

Comment

I do, hung by his own petard!

Comment

Working...
                    X