• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darren Upton - CUK To Blame

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren Upton - CUK To Blame

I actually hold CUK accountable for a fair bit of what went on with Darren Upton.

When the story broke of a FSA fine I posted on here my views of working with Darren

Admin removed this and gave me a warning

I started several posts on this subject and they were wither locked or deleted

If the forum would have allowed everyone to share their views of what had happened I doubt Mr Upton would have been able to get away with this

Admin - How do you plead?

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
      I actually hold CUK accountable for a fair bit of what went on with Darren Upton.

When the story broke of a FSA fine I posted on here my views of working with Darren

Admin removed this and gave me a warning

I started several posts on this subject and they were wither locked or deleted

If the forum would have allowed everyone to share their views of what had happened I doubt Mr Upton would have been able to get away with this

Admin - How do you plead?
      I would guess they would say "nothing personal, it's just business".

CUK is a business. Don't confuse it with a community, and certainly don't think that it's your friend.

And don't expect it to suffer remorse, businesses don't.
      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Although I'm sure this will be removed.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Although I'm sure this will be removed.

he will be banned

FTFY

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

He's entitled to his opinion, why would he be banned.

I blame all the contractors who hire a dodgy accountant to try and deprive the govt of the taxes its due
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I blame all the contractors who hire a dodgy accountant to try and deprive the govt of the taxes its due
              Welease Wodewick!

Comment

Have you PMed admin to discuss this?

Personally I am shocked at admin - I want my money back.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Upton's weren't supposed to be dodgy accountants. Granted Mr Upton was dodgy I don't think his firm was.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I wish I had known about the FSA stuff earlier, a letter from them or ACCA would have been nice. Instead I stumbled upon it on here. Darren was given the benefit of the doubt I seem to remember a fair few of the regulars standing up for him, but then he was quite a good con man.

In other News: I once bought an indemnity policy through this site, that company turned out to be fraudulent but I don't think Darren ever paid to advertise on here.
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 10 February 2012, 13:45.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X