• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mein President, I can valk!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mein President, I can valk!

Or something.

Was watching a program on Russian diplomacy yesterday, and the US security advisor was explaining how he often spoke on the phone to Russian president at the time, Dmitry Medvedev.

Couldn't help chuckling as I pictured him on the phone sounding like Peter Sellers in Dr Strangelove

Hello? Uh, hello? Hello, Dmitri? Listen, I can't hear too well, do you suppose you could turn the music down just a little? [pause] Oh, that's much better. Yes. Fine, I can hear you now, Dmitri. Clear and plain and coming through fine. I'm coming through fine too, eh? Good, then. Well then, as you say we're both coming through fine. Good. Well, it's good that you're fine, and — and I'm fine. I agree with you. It's great to be fine. [Laughs] Now then, Dmitri, you know how we've always talked about the possibility of something going wrong with the bomb. ...
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
    X