• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disease carrying mozzies invading Britain.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disease carrying mozzies invading Britain.

Last edited by zeitghost99; 10 August 2016, 07:45.

I think there in for a shock when they meet the midges from the north.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I think they're in for a shock when they meet the midges from the north.
      Is English not your first language?
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Sounds like more scare mongering.

Surely a tax of some sort can prevent the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I think there in for a shock when they meet the midges from the north.
          You and your friends?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Too many people living in Kent anyway...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Too many people living in Kent anyway...
              "He added that although the mosquitoes have been found at sites in the marshes of north Kent and south Essex in 2010 and 2011."

Kent is fine - but surely you don't want those lovely essex types to be affected?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Sounds like more scare mongering.

From 4 years ago:

The UK is to be hit by regular malaria outbreaks, fatal heatwaves and contaminated drinking water within five years because of global warming, the Government has warned the NHS.

Malaria warning as UK becomes warmer - Telegraph
                Only a year to go. Doomed.

Comment

They bring the story out nearly every year - then if we get a cold spell that lasts 10 days or more it kills them off.

BTW there are poisonous spiders in the UK apparently some are living on the bridges along the Thames. Though I expect quite a few of them have died off in the past two weeks. Unfortunately the damn parakeets love the cold as they are from the mountains......
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Might be worth looking at property prices in Kent, near Romney Marsh for example, if all these scare stories discourage would be buyers.

I mean how bad can West Nile virus be? Also, presumably you'd only catch it once and then you're immune.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X