• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sleeping on it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeping on it.

The brain never ceases to amaze me. Having gone to bed early due to a knackering challenging week over a new complex project with no solution or with any way to even approach the analysis.

The little old brain has continued working away while I have been asleep & then at 4 O clock it gives me a gentle nudge & eureka!

In the last 1.5 hours managed to document an entire approach to analysis, proposed solution, gap analysis, challenges, timescales & key deliverables.

Done more this morning than the whole last two weeks.

Odd.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Maybe the brain needs to relax and then it does the equivalent to processing run like in the old mainframe days. At work I often solve a problem without consciously working on it while going to make a cup of tea.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Your brain can spend so much time processing interrupts that it doesn't get chance to do the core processing.

Comment

This is exactly why I spend so much time fannying about.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          This is exactly why I spend so much time fannying about.
          I thought that was because you're a *****...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            I thought that was because you're a *****...
            a five star what?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              a five star what?
              System addict.

Just woken back up and gone downstairs. Somebody has come along and left me 20'pages of notes with diagrams, process flows & everything!

I feel like the cobbler.

Comment

And tonight, just as you're nodding off, your brain will remember the one crucial thing it forgot, and means the whole thing won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  And tonight, just as you're nodding off, your brain will remember the one crucial thing it forgot, and means the whole thing won't work.

Comment

I find that happens quite a lot.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X