• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's only weather (again like last the last 10 years)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's only weather (again like last the last 10 years)

Sky News: UK endures record cold snap
    CP24 Mobile
    Europe's cold spell hits Turkey's quake survivors - Times Union
    Cold wave to subside by Sunday, says Met dept - The Times of India

etc etc etc

Remember folks Global Warming, the world is hotter now than it's ever been.

The Met Office said it had probably been the coldest night in England since December 2010
    I think describing the coldest night since the last winter as a "record cold snap" is stretching things a bit, after all we *do* get a coldest night of the year every year.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It's warmer oop north.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        It's warmer oop north.
        That'll be all those motorists. Down here we mostly use the tube so the global warming isn't as strong
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

A lot of greenhouse gas came out of my arse this morning after that curry.

Every little helps.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Yawn. I can google too. What a short memory prawns seem to have.

England and Wales break temperature records for 1 October | UK news | guardian.co.uk
            UK Weather: 2011 The Second Warmest Year Since Records Began Say Met Office
            Record Heat of 2011 - weather.com
            It's Obscenely Hot: June 2011 Heat Records Crush Cold Records by Nearly 11 to 1 | ThinkProgress
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Extremely misleading headlines using the words Heat and Hot to describe very dubious average temperature calculations.

What happened to the three years in the late 70s when the temperature in the UK was hovering over 30c day-time and 25c night-time for six weeks in those summers. Oh, they were just freak summers and not counted.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

only -12, was -13 a few minutes ago. Must be warming up.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Extremely misleading headlines using the words Cold and Coldest to describe very average temperature calculations.
                  FTFY.
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Right, off to the shops. Looks like t-shirt weather today for a change.

I hope they have some fresh mussels - fancy another thai mussels dish tonight. Or shall I burn some more exotic animals? Ah, choices, choices...
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X