• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Andre Villas Boaz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andre Villas Boaz

Abramovic has been stalking manager Villas Boaz at training all week. But Chelsea still lost again today, at Everton.

How many more games has he got before the bullet?

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    How many more games has he got before the bullet?
    Interesting choice of words komrade. I think his manager will remain alive.

That can't be said about some others though:

"After Sibneft, Abramovich's next target was the aluminium industry. After privatisation the 'aluminium wars' lead to murders of smelting plant managers, metals traders and journalists as groups battled for control of the industry. Abramovich famously emerged winner in the aluminium wars.[30] The Times stated that in a BBC investigation into Abramovich's wealth, reporter John Sweeney noted that, after the oligarch (Abramovich) emerged at the top of the trade, the murders stopped.[34]"

Source: Roman Abramovich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oil and aluminium industries were even ahead of banking in terms of risk of murder at the time.

I guess Chelski fans only care if the club wins some meaningful cups. It's funny how no well known players (or at all?) expressed any issues with cleanness of money they get paid their salaries. Maybe that's the mistake Gaddafi made - should have bought a club or two.
    Last edited by AtW; 11 February 2012, 21:05.

Comment

IMHO, that's strictly not true, Abramovich kept his nose very clean, hence he curried favour both with Yeltsin and the West (for the future). He even went and became Gov for Kamchatka, NE Siberia, the tulip hole of the USSR and that's saying something and did a lot of good, maybe to get in with Yeltsin, but he still did something decent rather than than the free-for-all money-fest the other Oligarchiy got involved with.

He's a hard nosed businessman for sure, but a killer? I think not. He had his fortune before the Yeltsin sell-off, he had a Child's Doll-making company post Soviet melt-down and to be fair to him, he took his chance with the hard-nosed bastards and soft-core Kreml', played them off against each other, ripped off the Russian Public and cooked off to Blighty...

Business.

Still don't like him tho!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Abramovich kept his nose very clean
        Quite.

He probably just waited until the bad guys kill each other and then assume control of one of the handful profitable industries USSR had

He admitted in UK High Court in current case that is being heard that he used Berezovsky to get him high level political cover.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...on-courtbattle

"Luxury cruises in the Caribbean, mansions in France, deals at the Dorchester, Chechen gangsters, and billions funnelled through opaque offshore companies – all have been uncovered in what is the UK's biggest private litigation bust-up."
        Last edited by AtW; 11 February 2012, 21:20.

Comment

Either way I think we can safely say that AVB's days are numbered. Return of the José anyone?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Return of the José anyone?
            No, he is smart and will wait for a couple of more years for Fergie to retire then totally obliterate Chelsea and others.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Either way I think we can safely say that AVB's days are numbered. Return of the José anyone?
              Doubt it, it's becoming obvious the success in the EPL can't really be bought, City doing ok but as yet won nowt...

Remember these people inc Venky's at Bobburn are investing to clean up EPL, both Cups and Champs League, and let's face it, the first three are the usual ones out of four/five/six, plus the odd wildcard, and last one Europe wide, one out of ten? No chance really...

The Return on Capital Employed is crap, especially for Venky's!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Doubt it, it's becoming obvious the success in the EPL can't really be bought, City doing ok but as yet won nowt...

Remember these people inc Venky's at Bobburn are investing to clean up EPL, both Cups and Champs League, and let's face it, the first three are the usual ones out of four/five/six, plus the odd wildcard, and last one Europe wide, one out of ten? No chance really...

The Return on Capital Employed is crap, especially for Venky's!!
                The EPL is becoming an expensive joke, billionaire Indian chicken farmers... FFS.

I prefer the good old days when football was just cheap entertainment and successful clubs won cups on merit.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  I prefer the good old days when football was just cheap entertainment and successful clubs won cups on merit.
                  When was it last time - 1667?

Comment

Working...
                  X