• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conservatives are now more radical than Margaret Thatcher

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conservatives are now more radical than Margaret Thatcher

Or so Mr Pickles says:

“There’s a little Gladstone bust over there too … just to remind me who we are in coalition with,” says the Local Government Secretary, pointing to a bust of William Gladstone, the Liberal leader who sparred with Disraeli. Many Conservative supporters would say they do not need to be reminded of the Liberal Democrat element in this government.

David Cameron’s party may be riding high in the polls, but many grassroot supporters are increasingly concerned that the Prime Minister is leading a government more Lib Dem yellow that true blue Tory.

Last week Conservative association chairmen, party grandees, donors and young activists told The Sunday Telegraph they did not like the Coalition’s anti-business rhetoric. Subsidies for wind farms, planning reforms that threaten the green belt and the failure to cut red tape or taxes have also caused concern in Tory heartlands.

But Mr Pickles, a former party chairman, insists the coalition is driving through a radical Conservative agenda and that Mr Cameron is a true “heir of Thatcher”.

More of this crazy tulip from ze source: Eric Pickles: Conservatives are now more radical than Margaret Thatcher in full flight - Telegraph

More radical than taking milk away from kids? He must be having a

I like David Cameron he's a 'softer' more 'gentle' Conservative than Thatcher. There I go again making politicians sound like toilet paper.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
      I like David Cameron he's a 'softer' more 'gentle' Conservative than Thatcher. There I go again making politicians sound like toilet paper.

HTH

Comment

If it makes you feels better we've sent a nuclear missile platform to protect lots of fields in the South Atlantic.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

New Labour leans to the right and the Con/Libs lean to the left.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            New Labour leans to the right and the Con/Libs lean to the left.
            Once they are elected, blue, red and yellow are almost indistinguishable from each other. All serve the banking elite, the uber wealthy non-doms and offshore big businesses. They have only one aim beyond that, and that is to stay in power.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Hopefully they are just taking us back to where Maggie left us.

A sustainable booming economy and with high employment.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X