• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I actually thought this was funny

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually thought this was funny

No doubt very un -PC but representative of Northern wit, and dare I say it old school British humour

Shortly before kick-off, thousands of copies of a Manchester United fanzine were seized by police.
    The edition of Red Issue included a spoof poster of a Ku Klux Klan hood along with the words ‘LFC’, shorthand for Liverpool Football Club, and ‘Suarez is innocent’.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1m7aqyZis

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

I think Suarez is the victim here, our press and the 'holier than thou' FA have hung him out to dry over nothing more than a misinterpretation of a dodgy translation.

Of course Manure fans with their red tinted glasses wont even try to see anything from another point of view, IMO vilifying someone like that is far worse than the alleged crime the player is accused of.

Suarez feels aggrieved and it showed.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      I think Suarez is the victim here
      You must be joking.

All he had to do is shake Evra's hand with a smile and say sorry and he'd be in paper as having changed his ways, instead he chose his own unique path to destruction.

Suazer should look at Terry's case and feel he is ****ing lucky not to be in court.

KKK stuff is way out of order however.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        You must be joking.

All he had to do is shake Evra's hand with a smile and say sorry and he'd be in paper as having changed his ways, instead he chose his own unique path to destruction.

Suazer should look at Terry's case and feel he is ****ing lucky not to be in court.

KKK stuff is way out of order however.
        So an innocent man should say sorry to appease the ignorant masses? Like most people you only know what you've read in the national press.

The word allegedly used by Suarez to Evra was 'negrito' - a word that is said to literally translate as 'little black fella' but is argued to be generally an affectionate term in Suarez's native Uruguay and other parts of South America.

It's a witch hunt.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

So an innocent man should say sorry to appease the ignorant masses?
          What was his problem to shake Evra's hand?

Did he refuse it knowing full well the effect it will make because he is innocent and he wanted to prove it?

Perhaps Suaraz is just an idiot, but surely he's got some good advisors?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            What was his problem to shake Evra's hand?

Did he refuse it knowing full well the effect it will make because he is innocent and he wanted to prove it?

Perhaps Suaraz is just an idiot, but surely he's got some good advisors?
            Because Evra has ruined his reputation, he was quoted as saying he didn't think Suarez was a racist yet persisted.

It's worth noting Evra has a track record with this sort of thing.

Comment

It's worth noting Evra has a track record with this sort of thing.
              Current track record is that Suarez refused to shake his hand with Evra - if he (Suaraz) had half a brain (in my view) he'd do that with a smile regardless what he thinks. He hasn't and he let his feelings take over his half-brain.

The question he did not ask is whether he is THAT good of a player for Liverpool to continue take damage protecting him?

btw, I have no vested interest in either ManU or LFC or any other football club.

Comment

I think Suarez is the victim here, our press and the 'holier than thou' FA have hung him out to dry over nothing more than a misinterpretation of a dodgy translation.
                The Daily Mash - Liverpool sticking with 'Uruguayan racism is really friendly'
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It looks as though the FA will throw the book at anyone accused of racism guilty or not, the don't want to be seen as being soft on the issue.

It's funny, just about everyone is on the 'Suarez is guilty' bandwagon but I've yet to find anyone who can explain why.

Comment

I agree Suarez should have just got on with it but Evra is the real tw@t here, playing the race card a little too often, plus he's a Scumchester Urinals player!

Comment

Working...
                    X