• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax dodging scum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax dodging scum

RBS staff held in tax fraud investigation - Telegraph

Four current and one former staff member of RBS’s global banking and markets division were arrested at their homes on Wednesday in a series of raids, as HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) investigated allegations that City financiers have been using film finance schemes to evade taxes.

The London office of the taxpayer-backed lender’s investment banking unit also was searched in connection with the investigation, which is understood to involve at least two other City banks.

More than 15 people are thought to have been arrested as part of the HMRC probe, which is part of a crackdown on tax evasion.

I do hope they send all the bs to prison.

Couldn't agree more. I'd like everyone at HMRC to be sent to prison too.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I'd like everyone at HMRC to be sent to prison too.
      Indeed. I hate HMRC more than tax dodgers themselves. HMRC are petty thieves and even when you prove their crime of theft, they take up to a year, sitting on your interest to pay you back.

I think that if the riots last year had gone differently and instead of just chavs looting, people had torched only police stations, HMRC and other government buildings, they would have got much more support off the public.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
        I think that if the riots last year had gone differently and instead of just chavs looting, people had torched only police stations, HMRC and other government buildings, they would have got much more support off the public.
        hear hear. However most rioters only wanted to upgrade from adidas to nike - as pointed out by news thump

Comment

Until we know the details of the alledged "evasion", this could just be an attempt by HMRC to yet again blur the distinction between "avoidance" which is legal and "evasion" which isn't.

Unfortunately we have been blindly led into a society where putting out your dustbins on the wrong day (or similar misdemeanours) can lead to a criminal record. Of course, if you're an MP, everything is completely excusable.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

RBS staff are held in dawn raids over firm's tax scheme | This is Money

Seems to refer to what would have been marketed as a tax avoidance scheme involving film financing.

I'm pretty sure something similar was being pimped on these boards a while back.

Comment

Working...
            X