• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darren Upton - Mistress update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren Upton - Mistress update

Didn't take long for Vicky to sell her story!
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Upton's lavish home: But as his wife was looking after his baby daughter, he was carrying on his affair with Victoria using cash from his fraud

Comment

"She thought she was going to spend the rest of her life with Upton, with plans to ‘retire’ to the Bahamas in October, where he claimed to have a beachside property."

There is the answer to how he thought he was going to get away with it. He was going to jump ship. This is what I thought all along.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Close to tears, she added: ‘After a series of bad relationships, I just wanted someone who wanted to give me a hug and love me. Darren appeared to be that man.
        Needy wimmin with low self esteem ...luv it!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

erm ...that actually looks like what I would class as a modest rather than lavish 4 bed detached - if it was darn sarf it may be worth a few bob - but oop north?

Comment

<Mrs_Merton>
            So Vicky, what first attracted you to the pretend millionaire Darren Upton?
            </Mrs_Merton>

Comment

Maybe the CUK victims could sell their story too.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                erm ...that actually looks like what I would class as a modest rather than lavish 4 bed detached - if it was darn sarf it may be worth a few bob - but oop north?
                IIRC it was bought for about 400k, at the top of the housing boom

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                Maybe the CUK victims could sell their story too.
                Maybe ;-)
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  That's what I call wimpy from hell. I once got lost in such an estate during my lunch break at a client's site, scared myself.

Glad I don't live in a street.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    IIRC it was bought for about 400k, at the top of the housing boom

Comment

Working...
                    X