• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banda Machine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banda Machine

One of these in window of a local brick a brac shop.

They want 150 quid for it. Quite a collectors item I'd have thought.

I guess you would need special paper and ink though and they may be hard to come by these days.

Used to love the smell of that ink. It was always pink in my experience.

Nice find. Purple in my case, I think the solvent was isopropanol or something which was like the early incarnation of glue sniffing for us schoolies back in the late 70's.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

My O and A level History teacher told us he was once called to see a parent who had some complaint about something he'd said to their kid. After the meeting the parent went straight to the head and said the history teacher reeked of booze. He was teetotal - but he'd been interupted in the middle of using the Banda machine.

Comment

I believe Nig Banda was the name of the company who made them.

Sounds like an African President.

Comment

Working...
        X