• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darren Upton - Professional Indemnity Claim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren Upton - Professional Indemnity Claim

Please lets keep this a serious thread

Has anyone considered and made progress with claiming on his PI policy?

Serious question - moved to serious forum.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'd hazard a guess and say he didn't keep up the payments.

Comment

Before he was struck off by ACCA, they had withdrawn his practising certificate, there are no details why this was done, but one reason could be that he did not have PI Insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
          Before he was struck off by ACCA, they had withdrawn his practising certificate, there are no details why this was done, but one reason could be that he did not have PI Insurance.
          That is just an assumption without foundation (unless you can prove otherwise). I would have thought running an investment fund without FSA approval was a more plausible basis for being kicked out of ACCA.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just checked the wording of my PI

Dishonest, fraudulent or malicious act or omission of any former or present Employee (which
            term, for the purpose of this clause alone, shall not include any principal, partner, member or
            director of the Insured) provided that no indemnity shall be given under this Policy in the
            event that any principal, partner, member or director of the Insured conspired to commit or
            condoned any such dishonest, fraudulent or malicious act or omission;
            And it seems you are out of luck trying to claim on PI (assuming his conditions will be similar)
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
            X