• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hot water, how hot should it be

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot water, how hot should it be

Following on from the water theme:

So what temperature should the hot water be?

I find the temp a bit luke warm at times in my flat, and I did complain but apparently it's OK. Just wondering what temp. it should be. If there's some sort of miminum.
    I'm alright Jack

The answer is as hot as you want it.
    Are you in some kind of council accomodation that you can't change the temp. of your hot water?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      The answer is as hot as you want it.
      Are you in some kind of council accomodation that you can't change the temp. of your hot water?
      Not strictly true, if your in a fairly new build then the water temperature may be regulated, you may have limiters on your taps, (take a look at your bath taps) i beleive these can be adjusted however these are normally set when installed by the plumbers, i beleive (and please correct me if wrong) these were brought in for new builds to stop people scalding themselves.

If not you should have a dial called the gate on your boiler that alters the temperature or if you have an emersion heater on the thermostat there will be a small dial you adjust with a screwdriver

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
        Not strictly true, if your in a fairly new build then the water temperature may be regulated, you may have limiters on your taps, (take a look at your bath taps) i beleive these can be adjusted however these are normally set when installed by the plumbers, i beleive (and please correct me if wrong) these were brought in for new builds to stop people scalding themselves.

If not you should have a dial called the gate on your boiler that alters the temperature or if you have an emersion heater on the thermostat there will be a small dial you adjust with a screwdriver
        Correct.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
        X