• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Close Premium Finance - Bottom-Feeders Finance Company - AVOID!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close Premium Finance - Bottom-Feeders Finance Company - AVOID!

Recently had hassle with these cowboys. Mix-up over a DD, and they sent a letter demanding £50 admin fees. Yeah right.

Phoned them straight away, sorted the missed payment, re-did the DD, but would they back down on the £50? Would they bollox. In the end, they said if I didnt pay it they'd just take it the extra out of next months DD anyway.

I get the impression they make a nice little earner out of this one. £50 admin fees FFS. They must have a contractor setting the DD back up!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Recently had hassle with these cowboys. Mix-up over a DD, and they sent a letter demanding £50 admin fees. Yeah right.

Phoned them straight away, sorted the missed payment, re-did the DD, but would they back down on the £50? Would they bollox. In the end, they said if I didnt pay it they'd just take it the extra out of next months DD anyway.

I get the impression they make a nice little earner out of this one. £50 admin fees FFS. They must have a contractor setting the DD back up!
    The very fact that they say they are deducting it from your next payment should ring the alarm bells.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      The very fact that they say they are deducting it from your next payment should ring the alarm bells.
      Yes indeed. Apparently, close premium are well known for providing finance for some of the scrote-friendly car insurers. i.e. boy racer bounces a few DDs - £50 per time. nice little earner.

Comment

Yes indeed. Apparently, close premium are well known for providing finance for some of the scrote-friendly car insurers. i.e. boy racer bounces a few DDs - £50 per time. nice little earner.
        Not that well known it seems.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And you are using these people because ?????????????

Comment

I think the OP needs to have a talk with Wonga.com. I hear they love people like him.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
              And you are using these people because ?????????????
              Not a boy racer. Might be a scrote though!

Comment

Would they bollox. In the end, they said if I didnt pay it they'd just take it the extra out of next months DD anyway.
                Read the terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee - if there is a change in the amount to be paid or the payment date, the person receiving the payment (the originator) must notify the customer in advance.

So, did the phone call constitute notification? I'd guess not, but I don't know.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Possibly. They're attitude was ok refuse to pay for now but if you want your insurance to continue you've got to sort out the DD, and when you do we'll take the extra £50.

Comment

Working...
                  X