• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A light-hearted Recruiters Group in LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A light-hearted Recruiters Group in LinkedIn

Read that as 'laughing at candidates'.

One of the discussions now going on..,

What is the strangest Interest/hobbie you have seen on a CV? | LinkedIn

(and I must admit, I laughed too)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

The failure to spell hobby has me chuckling.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 19:11.

Comment

I think one of them had AtW's CV!!!

When I worked in recruitment the best interest I ever saw on a CV was Weapon Drills he went on to specify it was an AK-47. Good If you are planning on joining a middle eastern army, not so good when your applying for a C#.net Developer in Derby !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
          I had a look at that link and found it quite funny. Seemed good-humoured to me, and I didn't spot anything nasty or mean. For once, I can't criticise agents.
          There are some really nauseating tw*ts on some of the recruiter groups on Linkedin. They are either has been recruitment consultants or some arse with a glorified job title with the words "talent" and "global" in it.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Under hobbies & interests I put 'Falling off bar stools, hanging around colleges with bags of sweets (different era!) and watching gladiator films'. It got me the job!
            OK - which of you is that?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I think they've found norrahe -
              spending time nurturing my husband and cats to ensure they reach their full potential
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

That many agents posting on a thread makes me think it is more 'spot the one truth' game than a dicussion.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  I think one of them had AtW's CV!!!
                  I thought that too!
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

They haven't posted about my hobby.

"Ripping the piss out of thick as sh!t recruitment consultants"

Comment

Working...
                    X