• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Avoid "Feel Barcelona" if you're planning a trip to the city.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoid "Feel Barcelona" if you're planning a trip to the city.

My wife and I had a great time in Barcelona over the weekend. Fantastic city, and will definitely visit again, but not via a booking through "Feel Barcelona".

As soon as we'd shut the door on the apartment to leave to go to the airport on our way home, I realised I'd left my passport inside. My bad. Never mind, my flight was delayed anyway, and so I call the contact number.

It took them nearly THREE hours to get to the apartment to let me in (and yes, I did therefore miss my flight). This was despite being told that someone would come in
    1. 25 minutes.
    2. A few minutes
    3. In five minutes. (apparently at this point he went to the wrong apartment - which somehow was my fault).

You really find a company's worth when things go wrong. Sure, it was my fault I'd left my passport in the apartment. But to have to wait three hours for someone with a key to turn up, is incredible. Half an hour, ok. One hour, maybe. But three?

We should perhaps have been expecting this, as when we arrived, we called to say we were on our way, and were told that someone would be at our apartment to check us in at 13:10. He finally turned up at 13:35...

All I can say is: avoid.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    My wife and I had a great time in Barcelona over the weekend. Fantastic city, and will definitely visit again, but not via a booking through "Feel Barcelona".

As soon as we'd shut the door on the apartment to leave to go to the airport on our way home, I realised I'd left my passport inside. My bad. Never mind, my flight was delayed anyway, and so I call the contact number.

It took them nearly THREE hours to get to the apartment to let me in (and yes, I did therefore miss my flight). This was despite being told that someone would come in
    1. 25 minutes.
    2. A few minutes
    3. In five minutes. (apparently at this point he went to the wrong apartment - which somehow was my fault).

You really find a company's worth when things go wrong. Sure, it was my fault I'd left my passport in the apartment. But to have to wait three hours for someone with a key to turn up, is incredible. Half an hour, ok. One hour, maybe. But three?

We should perhaps have been expecting this, as when we arrived, we called to say we were on our way, and were told that someone would be at our apartment to check us in at 13:10. He finally turned up at 13:35...

All I can say is: avoid.

You clearly deserve your user name, any fool with an once of sense knows that the amongst the first things you do before leaving a hotel/apt is to check all the rooms to see that you haven't left anything then check you travel documents BEFORE closing the door. But no, you want to blame the travel company, Idiot!

Comment

Nobody's perfect (apart from in your world, obviously).
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
        You clearly deserve your user name, any fool with an once of sense knows that the amongst the first things you do before leaving a hotel/apt is to check all the rooms to see that you haven't left anything then check you travel documents BEFORE closing the door. But no, you want to blame the travel company, Idiot!
        I have occasionally said things like that as I am generally very organized. But then I go and do something even more stupid. What goes around comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Nobody's perfect (apart from in your world, obviously).
          Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          ... But then I go and do something even more stupid. What goes around comes around.
          Hey look, don't be too hard on TiroFijo, he's obviously hard of thinking as he couldn't comprehend that the complaint was how my problem was dealt with, and I was of course not blaming the agency for the problem happening in the first place. TiroFijo can't help being a moron - he probably was born that way. Some people just are neutron star dense. It is a bit embarassing being the same species, but what can you do?

Anyway - I wasn't posting for sympathy, rather as a warning. You really do find out how a company is from how they respond when things go wrong. Three hours to get someone with a key to an apartment. Doesn't bode well if an emergency happens that isn't the customer's fault, does it?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Hey look, don't be too hard on TiroFijo, he's obviously hard of thinking as he couldn't comprehend that the complaint was how my problem was dealt with, and I was of course not blaming the agency for the problem happening in the first place. TiroFijo can't help being a moron - he probably was born that way. Some people just are neutron star dense. It is a bit embarassing being the same species, but what can you do?
            Thanks for not being too hard on me
            Perhaps you left your common sense in the apartment also?

Comment

Don't like Barcelona. There's a couple of stunning Gaudi buildings (NOT the Cathedral) and that's about it. Too much crime there for me. It might just be petty crime, but it's everywhere.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Before leaving normal people go, tickets, wallet, passport. Then on the journey to the airport they check every few minutes to se if they really have got them, tickets, wallet, passport, tickets, wallet, passport, tickets, wallet, passport... then at the check in they panic in case they might have forgotten them.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I left my heart in Barcelona.

No..wait, that was San Francisco.

I left a great big turd in Barcelona, in a cafe, by the cathedral.

Horrible place. not Barcelona - the cathedral

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

There are some great strip clubs in Barcelona, like proper in your face type.

Comment

Working...
                    X