• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At least he wasn't leaving the seat up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least he wasn't leaving the seat up

BBC News - India woman leaves home for lack of toilet

More than half a billion Indians still lack access to basic sanitation.

The problem is acute in rural India and it is the women who suffer most.

Mrs Narre's husband, Shivram, said he was not able to build a toilet at home because of lack of money.

He admitted that his wife returned home only after he constructed one with his savings and "some support from the village council".

"It is not nice for women to go outside to defecate. That's why every home should have a toilet. Those who don't should make sure there is one," Mrs Narre told the BBC.

Many people in India do not have access to flush toilets or other latrines.

But under new local laws in states like Chhattisgarh, representatives are obliged to construct a flush toilet in their own home within a year of being elected. Those who fail to do so face dismissal.

The law making toilets mandatory has been introduced in several Indian states as part of the "sanitation for all" drive by the Indian government.
    Why is it the women who suffer most? They need to sit down every time I suppose.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

This story is a pile of tulip.

Comment

I saw something on toilets in India a while back. Basically one of their biggest soap shows did a piece where a character refuses to get married until her future husband buys her a toilet. There's a big unveiling ceremony at the wedding.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I know a guy who did some training in India. Had a bit too much to drink one night and the next day, feeling terrible, and to make a stop at a roadside place to use their toilet. Well, it cleared his system out...
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Maybe I should have bought Mrs BP a toilet for Valentins day?

But I can't afford it - she will have to make do with the new potato peeler I bought her.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            But I can't afford it - she will have to make do with the new potato peeler I bought her.
            Doesn't that increase the risk of farmer giles?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Even Jeremy Clarkson managed to fit one on the back of his jag within a couple of days of arriving in India.

Now that's thinking outside the box! Tata take notes.

Comment

Eww, civilised people don't tulip in the fields, they tulip in a nice toilet that transports it hundreds of miles away to a sewage works that then then pumps it back again and spreads it onto the fields where it should be. Bloody savages.

Comment

at one posting,
                  we used to have to poo through a hole in a plank that was laid across an open pit.
                  when the pit was filling up, and the plank sagged, there was always the danger of , er, 'making contact'

the joke was, if you do break the surface with yer bum hole - DO NOT VOMIT,
                  because everyone knows how a syphon works

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X