• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfasting at your desk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfasting at your desk

I hate it. People that get into work early just to have breakfast. Why? Arrive 30 minutes later and travel to work on a full stomach. OR get up 30 minutes earlier and arrive at work at your usual time on a full stomach.

Tomorrow I shall be found at my desk at 08:00 wrapped in a towel brushing my teeth.

Rant over.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I get up and go to avoid the kids! Though I do have to feed baby BP.

Plus I cycle to work - easier on an empty stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I hate it. People that get into work early just to have breakfast. Why? Arrive 30 minutes later and travel to work on a full stomach. OR get up 30 minutes earlier and arrive at work at your usual time on a full stomach.
      Maybe that half an hour earlier train is not as rammed as a later one or possibly the traffic is lighter earlier in the morning or maybe they think it just looks better to be at their desks earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Tomorrow I shall be found at my desk at 08:00 wrapped in a towel brushing my teeth.

Rant over.
        I used to do that when I was a Civil Serpent, the benefit was I was able to get to work earlier and waste time out of my day a winner all round lol!
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Thanks for the reminder! I'm off downstairs for my porridge!

Comment

Early morning routine of a subway and a coffee for £2. Why should I eat on my time when I can on theirs
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My working day starts 30 mins after I leave the house, regardless of the commute time. This si only fair as the commute due to me having to go to the office.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Early morning routine of a subway and a coffee for £2. Why should I eat on my time when I can on theirs
                WHS (apart from the Subway bit ).

I used to pop into Sainsbury's over the road from work, grab a couple of danishes, walk into the office. Make cup of tea, sit and read the paper with it.

Then go to the loo.

Might as well get paid for it!
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You can't beat the smell of a bacon roll wafting round the office.

Particularly in an office full of Bobs.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I tend to skip breakfast but have a bottle of whisky in my desk drawer. That keeps the hunger away.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X