• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

cant copy movies/tv progs to my iTouch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant copy movies/tv progs to my iTouch

I have a few tv pros and films that I would like to watch on the train on my iTouch.

Can't get any of them on there as I can't add them to iNazi. I can only add progs that I have purchased through iNazi (funny that I can add music acquired from other sources though). Is there any way of sychronising the device without iNazi? Like just copy the files over like you would with an external hard s
    drive?

I'm guessing the problem is that I'm on Windows and device is formatted for MAC or something.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    I have a few tv pros and films that I would like to watch on the train on my iTouch.

Can't get any of them on there as I can't add them to iNazi. I can only add progs that I have purchased through iNazi (funny that I can add music acquired from other sources though). Is there any way of sychronising the device without iNazi? Like just copy the files over like you would with an external hard s
    drive?

I'm guessing the problem is that I'm on Windows and device is formatted for MAC or something.
    It could just be that you're thick.

Comment

I've copied films to my iPod Touch using iTunes without a problem. I had to use Handbrake to change the compression algorithm for some of them though. Forget what format I changed them to, 'Apple' is an output option in Handbrake IIRC.

Comment

It depends what format they're encoded in. iTunes will let you drop movies and such into your library and synchronise them with the device, but only if they're in a format the device can play (unsurprisingly). So you'll need to transcode them if they're not already in a suitable encoding.

I use Handbrake which is a free open-source application that runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. If you want it to grab stuff from protected DVDs (which is pretty much all commercial ones) you'll need to install VLC (also free and cross-platform) too.

I've also had good results with MPEG Streamclip (free, Mac and Windows) although that actually solves a slightly different set of problems. (Determining what they are is left as an exercise for the reader.) Handbrake will probably be all you need, and includes things like optimised settings specifically for iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad.

Comment

Handshake it is then. Thanks chaps.
          Last edited by pacharan; 14 February 2012, 12:08.

Comment

Could also be your are not doing this at all and it is just another me me me thread for no other reason than to entertain yourself ? No one knows if you are telling the truth or not anymore. Even fewer care I guess.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Could also be your are not doing this at all and it is just another me me me thread for no other reason than to entertain yourself ? No one knows if you are telling the truth or not anymore. Even fewer care I guess.
              that's ridiculous

Comment

Working...
              X