• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

De-Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De-Boomed

Well, my contract is coming to an end on the 9th March. Was completely expected, saw it coming from a mile away.

If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

There should still be time to find something else.

Good luck and all that.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Ouch, good luck with the gig search
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Same day for me at the moment, still waiting to hear if they are going to be permitted an exception to keep me on. CV is out there though, waiting to see whats around.

GL with the job hunt.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          Well, my contract is coming to an end on the 9th March. Was completely expected, saw it coming from a mile away.

Me too but just heard I'm getting an extension for all of 5 weeks to 13 April

Comment

There'll be another one along in a minute

Comment

My CV has been out there for the past few weeks. The daft thing is that I was getting loads of phone calls a few weeks ago, but not any more. With the notice period I had (28 days, which I only accepted after a rate rise, though I did fight for 14 days), I couldn't jump ship sooner.

I hope things pick up. I am working on a Plan B, but it is in early stages and is a few months off from being a money earner, so I am not in the position to hit the ground running with it. I just hope I get a new contract in order to give me more time to develop Plan B fully.

I also need a PR wizzard, but I guess I will have to find the positivity within me to get my website done properly.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

My CV has been out there for the past few weeks. The daft thing is that I was getting loads of phone calls a few weeks ago, but not any more. With the notice period I had (28 days, which I only accepted after a rate rise, though I did fight for 14 days), I couldn't jump ship sooner.

I hope things pick up. I am working on a Plan B, but it is in early stages and is a few months off from being a money earner, so I am not in the position to hit the ground running with it. I just hope I get a new contract in order to give me more time to develop Plan B fully.

I also need a PR wizzard, but I guess I will have to find the positivity within me to get my website done properly.
                To makes things worse (other than replying to my own thread), I was hoping to buy a 3D TV for my computer. On a positive note, I have a new camera lens (150-500mm Sigma) which I am hoping to try out this weekend. Life's tough.....

Comment

Well, my contract is coming to an end on the 9th March.
                  That's when mine ends, too.

Expecting it will drag out for a bit longer after that, though. Another month, probably, which I don't like the idea of.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    That's when mine ends, too.

Expecting it will drag out for a bit longer after that, though. Another month, probably, which I don't like the idea of.
                    Mine's the week before. Though clientco are trying to convince me to take on yet another project that no one will touch with a bargepole.

you are not alone
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X