• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No doubt it's all our fault

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doubt it's all our fault

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4771233.stm

Muslims suffer high unemployment and deprivation

Many Muslims in England face bleak employment prospects and endure poor standards of housing, a government-backed study has found.

The report revealed Muslims are more likely than any other faith group to be jobless and living in poor conditions.

It said half of Muslims aged over 25 are unemployed and one in three live in the most deprived areas of England.

University researchers in Birmingham, Derby, Oxford, and Warwick also found they had poorer levels of education.

The government will use the study in its work to encourage equal opportunities for members of all religious communities, a spokeswoman said.

My thoughts are:

1. I thought no one was unemployed according to Tone?
    2. I thought that enriching cultural diversity always leads to improvement to everyones lives? That's what Tone told me anyway.
    3. I thought immigrants brought employment and prosperity hence the need to remove any immigration controls? That was Tony stance no?

I'm confused now.
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 15 May 2006, 06:05.

Not surprising. There was a article about one year ago where CVs with muslim names were almost universally rejected while CVs with equivalent credentials and experience with Chrisitan names were very likely to be invited for interview.

I tried it once, it works.

Does this include the underground economy. Many people are paid cash and are not registered as employed or unemployed.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4771443.stm

Don't worry DP - this will sort it all out. The Government is planning to teach in schools what it means to live in a multicultural society and how we can all make things 'fairer' for Muslims.

Comment

But Harris Bokhari, from the Muslim Association of Britain, told the BBC's Five Live it was a "knee-jerk reaction" because teaching British values in schools would not have prevented the London bombings.

"What was the reason why these people actually committed these disgusting acts?

"And unfortunately it was our foreign policy, it was the issue of the illegal war, the illegal occupation of Iraq, the war in Afghanistan, the continuing abuses of the Palestinian people, the illegal occupation of Palestine by the Israeli state."
        Ah, I see now. So it's not in any way, shape or form the fault of the people who actually carried out the bombings or of the backwards, mediaevel religion they profess to follow?

I'm glad we've got that straight.
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

"But Harris Bokhari, from the Muslim Association of Britain, told the BBC's Five Live it was a "knee-jerk reaction" because teaching British values in schools would not have prevented the London bombings.

"And unfortunately it was our foreign policy, it was the issue of the illegal war, the illegal occupation of Iraq, the war in Afghanistan, the continuing abuses of the Palestinian people, the illegal occupation of Palestine by the Israeli state."

What! no mention of protecting the muslims in (former)Yugoslavia?

Comment

This thread got here on this subject first.
            I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dalek
              "But Harris Bokhari, from the Muslim Association of Britain, told the BBC's Five Live it was a "knee-jerk reaction" because teaching British values in schools would not have prevented the London bombings.

That is seriously worrying and sums up a problem with the Muslim community IMO. When senior figures say that our foreign policy caused a bombing, they are giving the green light to others to do likewise. Instead they should be saying that many non-Muslims disagree with our foreign policy, but they use the democratic process to voice their concerns, rather than blowing people up.

Part of the reason for poor achievement by Muslims is that many/most come from Pakistan, which is a relatively poor country, with poor education levels. I meet people in Luton who may well be second generation immigrants and yet they speak English with a Pakistani accent. They need to escape the ghetto mentality.

Comment

Yes, this is very much a matter for concern. Very soon after some high profile condemnation of the 7th July bombings for the newspaper headlines it seems the Muslim Association of Britain are now backtracking somewhat and tacitly saying that it's not the fault of the bombers at all and that Britain was asking for it.
                I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
                  Yes, this is very much a matter for concern. Very soon after some high profile condemnation of the 7th July bombings for the newspaper headlines it seems the Muslim Association of Britain are now backtracking somewhat and tacitly saying that it's not the fault of the bombers at all and that Britain was asking for it.
                  Britain was asking for it, the Koran says so. Muslims are required to defend all Muslims from agressors. As we were attacking and killing Muslims we are a target. Simple isnt it.

Of course it ignores the fact that the Afghans are the worlds biggest producers and dealers in Heroin, which is forbidden in the Koran.
                  It also ignores the Koranic covenant of peace which forbids Muslims to commit acts of aggression against their hosts.
                  Imams spin it how they want it but the Koran and Islam is fundamentally dangerous and is in no way capable of living in peace with non-muslims forever.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Wee bit of an extreme spin some of the logic here.

Most muslims in this country aren't suporters of suicide bombers, nor do they condone the actions of them. Let's not confuse the vast majority with a small minority of extremists, or we'll end up with a bigger problem on our hands.

The nutters don't represent Islam any more than animal rights loonies represent vegetarians or or BNP does white people.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X