• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobless Scum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobless Scum

Have we done this one yet?

BBC News - Jobless stories: 'I wouldn't wish this life on anyone'

He hasn't slept all night - a common recurrence when you're without work, he says. The last time he was employed was in 2008 - and now his days mostly consist of playing video games and consuming vast amounts of tea.

The last time the BBC spoke to Ben was in 2010, two years after he had his last job. He was pessimistic then. That pessimism has become a permanent state of mind, with little to no hope for the future. He insists he's not lazy.
    I know the market is hard but is it really impossible to find any work, or are we as a nation still to proud to clean offices for minimum wage?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

The problem with certain people in this country is they think they're too good for menial labour, I'd like to hear what he has to say in terms of what job he actually does want. People need to wake up to the reality of the situation, even graduates who have valid degree's are finding it hard to land jobs.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Ben lives in a clammy rented flat with a friend. The kitchen is swamped with dirty plates and cutlery, some of which have been there for weeks. Mould lines the mug from which he drinks tea.
      He insists he's not lazy.
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Well, there are many more people than there are jobs for them to do, so it's like musical chairs.

He is on the dole, so somebody else has got a job.

If he was working, then somebody else would be on the dole instead.

If he set up his own business, then it would be at the expense of somebody else's business.

Simple really.

2.75 million on the dole means that there are 2.75 million too many people here, and rising.

It's the elephant in the room.
        Last edited by KimberleyChris; 15 February 2012, 11:54.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
          What about...

If he was working, then somebody else would be going back to eastern Europe as there is one less menial job the native brits think are beneath them
          If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
            Well, there are many more people than there are jobs for them to do, so it's like musical chairs.

He is on the dole, so somebody else has got a job.

If he set up his own business, then it would be at the expense of somebody else's business.

Simple really.

2.75 million on the dole means that there are 2.75 million too many people here, and rising.

It's the elephant in the room.
            I don't think its that simple, a lot of the new jobs being created are only part time so some people need two or even three jobs to survive.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Yes but at least the eastern europeans come here and earn money, so they still have to pay Tax and NI and also buy food, clothes. As well as having somewhere to live whereas he does nothing and gets money from the state
              Last edited by The Spartan; 15 February 2012, 14:17. Reason: Spelling
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                Yes but at least the eatern europeans come here and earn money, so they still have to pay Tax and NI and also buy food, clothes. As well as having somewhere to live whereas he does nothing and gets money from the state
                Absolutly agree 100%, But begs the question, how are they able to find work and him not?
                If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
                  Absolutly agree 100%, But begs the question, how are they able to find work and him not?
                  I assume they do thing's like go to the job center, shave, maybe have a wash too

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
                    Because they have a different work ethic to us, Like NLUK said our kids expectations are unrealistic, i find some (not all) expect to just sit around waiting for someone to come along and sort it all out for them, and someone else said they would need to do several jobs to make it worth while, well thats exactly what the eastern europeans are doing so if they can do it so can we but we are lazy.

Comment

Working...
                    X