• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This has made me soooo mad - video card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has made me soooo mad - video card

I bought a couple of top end machines a while back and I have had some serious rendering issues with 3d games.
    I tried everything I could think of and the tech support from nvidia and the games companies has been dire. absolutely zippo use.
    I was just about to give up yesterday and bin the whole frikking lot (2500 quids worth) when the missus asks me to cool down.

so I did. I switched the machines off for a few hours, ran the most recent game and blow me - no problem.

it was an overheating problem all along. on the geforce 580

must dash. im being attacked by the japanese.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

£2.5! My 2006 iMac was never this much.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Had similar problems not long ago with a couple of ATI cards. The ATI control panel allows you to up the fan speed on the cards and this helped bring the temps down from over 80 degrees to around 50! Any settings in the nVidia control panel you can tweak to help push the temps down?

Comment

What are you playing?
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

The fan on my PC seems to go nuts when the temperature drops below 10 C. Well, when I say nuts I mean turn into a noisy fecker, constantly powering up and down until I relent and turn the heating on.

Comment

Working...
          X