• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to Grow a Planet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Grow a Planet

Interesting series. This week was about flowers and how they developed flowers into seeds and fruits and produced primates to propagate their seed. Fascinating. Didn't know ferns produced little wriggly sperm either. Next week is about grass, which evolved with modern humans. Co-evolved some might say.

Amazing how much water plants transpire in a day too. Wasteful beggers.

When a mummy planet and a daddy planet love each other very much......
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The best way is to put billions and billions of tons of dust together in space then over time, the dust will create a star and a planetry solar system.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Interesting series. This week was about flowers and how they developed flowers into seeds and fruits and produced primates to propagate their seed. Fascinating. Didn't know ferns produced little wriggly sperm either. Next week is about grass, which evolved with modern humans. Co-evolved some might say.

Amazing how much water plants transpire in a day too. Wasteful beggers.
        Ooooo what channel/time/day?

Cant wait to see mars terraformed. Hopefully it will happen in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post

BBC iPlayer - TV - Factual - Science & Nature

Flowering plants are a comparative recent development and now they rule the world.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post

Mars is a bit of an annoyance, because to my simple minded solar system model, Mars should have been a bigger and warmer planet sporting liquid water. Instead we have a small cold planet and a huge asteroid belt.

Comment

We evolved with grasses.

So many things had to happen for humans to develop, I do wonder how likely Type 1 civilisations are. Life itself seems simple to make, single cells, but to get all the way to animals who can interact with the environment such as ourselves seems horridly unlikely, although there may be many paths other than ours. And we took 15 billion years to get here.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Er, 13.7e9 at the last estimate.

Though the solar system is relatively young at a mere 4.someodd billion.

Just think of all the blue giants that had to die to make the metals.

Otherwise there'd be nowt but H, He, and a bit of Li.
                Yeah, our Sun is "at least" 2nd generation.

Comment

Working...
                X