• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to do with Battersea power station?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with Battersea power station?

Why not build a nuclear power plant there? After all, it is quite safe. And that is where the electricity is needed.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Why not build a nuclear power plant there? After all, it is quite safe. And that is where the electricity is needed.
    Excellent idea - I'd have no problem with that.

Also, water from the Thames could be used as coolant.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Can you imagine the inhabitants of Battersea and Chelsea standing for that.

Its almost worth clubbing together to put a media campaign out there to seed the story that an unknown russian is planing exactly that

Comment

You could make it a windfarm and put a giant wind turbine on each of the chimneys.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post

Can you imagine the inhabitants of Battersea and Chelsea standing for that.

Its almost worth clubbing together to put a media campaign out there to seed the story that an unknown russian is planing exactly that
          You mean like a secretive Internet entrepreneur with a name like, I don't know, how about... Chudnovsky?
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
            You mean like a secretive Internet entrepreneur with a name like, I don't know, how about... Chudnovsky?
            Can't we rehouse AndyW's family there? Surely it would just about accomodate him and his family?
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

He's not very scary.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                He's not very scary.
                He doesn't have to be, he just has to be believable ..... ah!
                Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

He doesn't have to be, he just has to be believable ..... ah!
                  I am liking your thinkings !

Need an internet site quick then we can post an outrage on the site of the psycho-mums and the the band wagon roll

Comment

Working...
                  X