• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End Whitehall tax breaks, says civil service union

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Whitehall tax breaks, says civil service union

BBC News - End Whitehall tax breaks, says civil service union
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

While acknowledging it was legal, he said there was an "issue of morality."
    Would anyone here like to pay extra taxes, for morale's sake?

Comment

Eh ... No!

I'd rather minimise the governments take at my source then choose to piss that money up the wall having as much fun as possible and in turn feed the governments tax habit using additional taxes through petrol, alcohol and vat. Its far more fun and spreads the money around more companies than a few large corporations with offshore tax setups.

**** em!

Comment

I want to pay. Sign me up. Screw this years family holiday!!

"We're in it altogether" 'n' all that

Comment

I am confused (again).
          This article seems to confuse employees of a Ltd company with Civil Servants.
          If these people are trading as consultants then they are not Civil Servants. I assume they do not enjoy any of the benefits of the Civil Service like gold plated pensions and long service knighthoods so there will be no issues.
          If they are Civil Servants then are there any legal implications to this FALSE tax set up?
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
            I am confused (again).
            If these people are trading as consultants then they are not Civil Servants. I assume they do not enjoy any of the benefits of the Civil Service like gold plated pensions and long service knighthoods so there will be no issues.
            If they are Civil Servants then are there any legal implications to this FALSE tax set up?
            I think we finally found the disguised employees that HMRC were after... Shame the are all in government posts

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
              I am confused (again).
              To them (the media), for the purposes of putting out a story, if you're working them you are an employee who must pay employee type taxes regardless of whether you clean the streets or own your own business.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                I think we finally found the disguised employees that HMRC were after... Shame the are all in government posts
                kingcook likes this

Comment

Working...
                X