• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG

Good morning. I'm just starting out in contractor land and I noticed a few people speak highly of PCG. Would people genearlly recommend membership? I also note that they offering accounting and PI insurence to members. Do these stand out exceptionally from the croud or should one consider A.N.Other Accountants and A.N.Other Insurence? Does anyone have any recommendations for good accountants/insurers? Finally, does anyone have any experience with the BCS insurers? I'm a member and note they are offering a PI deal. Thanks.

Yes - join PCG Plus - it's a no brainer.

If you are a PCG member you can also get PI insurance through Randall Dorling.

Comment

PCG is a great idea PCG+ infact.

QDOS do PI/PL and free contract checks.

Below is a link to a list of accountant recommendation threads we have had over the years so you can make your own choice.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-requests.html

I would think someone starting a new business would have done a little more research first though.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm saying nuthin'
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

northernladuk is right about ol' minstrel being right.

I say PCG+

(sorry, i've watched Blazing Saddles one too many times)
          Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

If I was ever to return to contracting in the UK, I'd join immediately. And claim the dues through expenses.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              If I was ever to return to contracting in the UK, I'd join immediately. And claim the dues through expenses.
              Is the wink because it's not an allowable expense?
              Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
                Is the wink because it's not an allowable expense?
                Perfectly allowable as a non-BIK personal expense. Not allowable against CT. Don't ask why, the explanation is long and convoluted and goes back to a Trade Union case from 1910.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Perfectly allowable as a non-BIK personal expense. Not allowable against CT. Don't ask why, the explanation is long and convoluted and goes back to a Trade Union case from 1910.
                  Right where's NLUK?

What is the benefit of putting through an expense through the books if not allowable against Tax.

e.g. Client entertainment, PGC+, can't think of another....

Is it, that I pay for this from the company account but as I've not drawn this as a div, it doesn't count towards my 40% threshold, or in my case, when already above the 40%, saves 25% tax effectively?
                  Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    That's always seemed strange to me. (Although I accept it is correct and accountant agrees too.)

Presumably it's to do with PCG being a kind of union and their being CT restrictions on union fees.

Would it not be possible for PCG to split the subscription so it is £10 membership fee and £110 for the benefits package? Certainly the additional £100 for 'Plus' membership would seem to be for additional insurances etc rather than union fees.

Comment

Working...
                    X