• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dans Le Noir

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dans Le Noir

Went to Dans Le Noir. Eating without being able to see is difficult. I at least have a little more appreciation as to what my sons life is like!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Went to Dans Le Noir. Eating without being able to see is difficult. I at least have a little more appreciation as to what my sons life is like!
    Probably not a good idea to go at lunchtime though!
    Or did you take a clean shirt to change into afterwards?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Don't know if it's open during the day. We went on the late service. It's not cheap. £205 for the 3 of us.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
        Don't know if it's open during the day. We went on the late service. It's not cheap. £205 for the 3 of us.
        Depending on the food that isn't too bad, even Gaucho Grill can easily get to £50-75 per head and the staff don't even need to wear night vision goggles
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

We did it more to gain a perspective of what my son goes through. It's hard work eating with a knife and fork when you can't see what you are stabbing on the plate.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

How was the food? Everyone goes on about the experience but I've always wondered if it wasn't dark, would people still go for the food?

Comment

The food was ok, nothing stunning - the point is that the food is a suprise. You tell them the things that you don't like/won't eat and you get what you are given. You only find out what you ate when you get out after the meal.

The idea is that you then rely on the rest of your remaining senses to determine what it's like. Obviously presentation is not an issue as you can see absolutely nothing. The portions are not big though...but then it takes you an age to eat anything when you can't see it.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I wouldn't fancy eating in a pitch-dark restaurant. But what would be good is a deaf restaurant, with noise cancelling mikes dotted around so one wouldn't have to hear inane conversations from nearby tables and better still they couldn't earwig on yours.

Best of all, one wouldn't be deafened by the collective bellowing and laughter, bouncing off the marble floor, from dozens of semi-drunk diners. Whatever happened to thick carpets and flock wallpaper in restaurants?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

We really need a thread on annoying reastaurant thingies.

'enjoy your meal'
                  'is everything ok'
                  'is everything ok'
                  'is everything ok'
                  'is everything ok'
                  'is everything ok'

yes it fckng well is, now fck the fck out of here before I fckng stab you to fckng death with my fckng desert spoon you fckng fck.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    We really need a thread on annoying reastaurant thingies.

'enjoy your meal'
                    'is everything ok'
                    'is everything ok'
                    'is everything ok'
                    'is everything ok'
                    'is everything ok'

yes it fckng well is, now fck the fck out of here before I fckng stab you to fckng death with my fckng desert spoon you fckng fck.

I think you have anger management issues. Someone politely enquires whether everything is ok and you want to stab them with a spoon!

Don't go to the US, some people there tell you to "have a nice day" and I don't fully believe that they are sincere!

Comment

Working...
                    X