• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Backstabbing Permie Staff: Revenge or keep it professional

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backstabbing Permie Staff: Revenge or keep it professional

I'm working with this permie who in the last 3 months have be sold jealous of my abilities that he's been engineering to get rid of me from my current contract post, which I been at for the last year and a half.

The (Permie) or the Hippo in question:
    - Eliminated my chances of going perm.
    - Undermine my abilities to our manager, thereby making me look that I'm not good at my job.
    - Undermine my abilities to other other stakeholders, face to face, on conference calls and via emails.
    - Hidden key emails from me by not CC me in. So it took me longer to learn about these business processes.
    - Push another permie off the project because that person hated working with him.

Although I can save some of my reputation to address the issues, it looks like he's finally got his wish and I get this feeling in my last month that my contract will not get renewal for another 3months by our manager.

I have two weeks left in my current role, loads of knowledge and applications have been built or documented by me to address the current project and to help the project through 2012.

Where possible, I've put my name on the applications to prevent him from passing the applications as his or the documents that I've written too.

QUESTION: Should one remain profession and leave it as learning experience or would one person serve up REVENGE on the backstabber permie who looks like a HIPPO.

TBH, I would not know how to serve up REVENGE...

What would you do in my situation? or
    Last edited by NoPaddle; 16 February 2012, 15:02.

Could you say that again in English?
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Well bearing in mind you don't know how to I think you only have one option left don't you (which is the correct one anyway)
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What would MarillionFan do

or

What would Suityou01 do

Actually, you've already done the latter, well done
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Keep invoicing and carry on?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Kick him in the <mod snip> shins </mod snip>?

At nearly all clients I have always found someone who is quite "anti-contractor" and vocal about it. They then spend duration of the gig trying to make any contractor look stupid in front of senior management, or even refuse to work with or talk to them. Got so bad at one site, a permie guy had his pride and joy sports car keyed quite badly.

This country.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPaddle View Post
              I'm working with this permie who in the last 3 months have be sold jealous of my abilities that he's been engineering to get rid of me from my current contract post, which I been at for the last year and a half.

The (Permie) or the Hippo in question:
              - Eliminated my chances of going perm.
              - Undermine my abilities to our manager, thereby making me look that I'm not good at my job.
              - Undermine my abilities to other other stakeholders, face to face, on conference calls and via emails.
              - Hidden key emails from me by not CC me in. So it took me longer to learn about these business processes.
              - Push another permie off the project because that person hated working with him.

Although I can save some of my reputation to address the issues, it looks like he's finally got his wish and I get this feeling in my last month that my contract will not get renewal for another 3months by our manager.

I have two weeks left in my current role, loads of knowledge and applications have been built or documented by me to address the current project and to help the project through 2012.

Where possible, I've put my name on the applications to prevent him from passing the applications as his or the documents that I've written too.

QUESTION: Should one remain profession and leave it as learning experience or would one person serve up REVENGE on the backstabber permie who looks like a HIPPO.

TBH, I would not know how to serve up REVENGE...

What would you do in my situation? or
              Absoluted! HIPPO not succum to unprofession. Do not be hestiate! Act straight forward and all will be revealed.

HTH.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Stay professional, you'll end up looking better out of it when you leave.

Am in had a similar situation, where I thought it was best to go.

Don't stoop to their level ever!
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Best advice I can give is go and learn some basic language skills.

You may be surprised and find that far from hating you, the hippo actually has a crush on you and wants your babies.

Comment

It's always more satisfying to watch somebody fall into a grave that they dug themselves.

Do nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X