• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

time to buy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time to buy?

with interest rates forecast to be low for next five years and with the presses doing overtime for QE is it a good time to buy a BTL as QE is inflationary and this would therefore be a good hedge against it

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    with interest rates forecast to be low for next five years and with the presses doing overtime for QE is it a good time to buy a BTL as QE is inflationary and this would therefore be a good hedge against it
    No. Next!
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Merv can't QE to kingdom come and holding up house prices is like trying to hold back the tide. Even as things stand house prices are dropping in real terms.

Comment

One third gold,
        One third AA+ or better in Gilts,
        One third currency, split 50/50 between GBP and USD.

Comment

Yep.

That's why I've bought a place and I'm building another. I've borrowed the money at 1%. No brainer.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
            One third guns,
            One third canned food,
            One third fuel
            FTFY

Comment

Are you buying with cash? What % deposit are you putting down?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Yep.

That's why I've bought a place and I'm building another. I've borrowed the money at 1%. No brainer.
                Where'd you get the money at 1%? Am currently considering B2L #2, and I've not spotted loans/mortgages at anywhere even close to that.
                And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Yes. If you can get decent yield. Forget capital appreciation (for now).
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

What about buying abroad: Germany, USA, Switzerland, Ireland

The Most Overpriced Housing Markets In The Developed World

Comment

Working...
                    X