• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's Gordon been up to

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Gordon been up to

since saving the world (twice).

BBC News - Gordon Brown earns £1.4m since leaving Number 10

The title is not the worst thing in the post either:

His predecessor in Downing Street, Tony Blair, reportedly earns some £12 million a year on the lecture circuit and from other posts.
    I bet that pees him off....

Comment

I thought his speeches were often quite sensible, it was just everything he actually did that was rubbish, although quite why anyone would pay him for them I have no idea.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        I thought his speeches were often quite sensible, it was just everything he actually did that was rubbish, although quite why anyone would pay him for them I have no idea.
        There is nothing that you could say to me now that I could ever believe.

So apt.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          I take it you are talking about blair
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Some £997,000 in fees and about £293,000 in expenses have gone to the Browns' office which they set up to fund campaigns on issues such as improving education and cutting maternal death rates in the developing world.
            The greedy bastard.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Who is stupid enough to give him money? A bad chancellor(spend spend spend) and a diabolical prime minister.

Comment

Actually , if you dig a little deeper, all of Brown's non-Parliamentry earnings are going to charity, either directly or through his own work. Unlike Bliar's mostly tax-free millions. Also Blair resigned as an MP to earn his money in camera, whereas Brown's are all fully disclosed in the Register of Interests.

Brown was a flawed politician and a supremely incompetent Chancellor and PM, and someone I wish had never got anywhere near the reigns of power but he is one of the few totally honest ones.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Actually , if you dig a little deeper, all of Brown's non-Parliamentry earnings are going to charity, either directly or through his own work. Unlike Bliar's mostly tax-free millions. Also Blair resigned as an MP to earn his money in camera, whereas Brown's are all fully disclosed in the Register of Interests.

Brown was a flawed politician and a supremely incompetent Chancellor and PM, and someone I wish had never got anywhere near the reigns of power but he is one of the few totally honest ones.
                  whs. A well meaning mental retard who hated the English, unlike Blair the antichrist.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    .. but he is one of the few totally honest ones.
                    How can you say he was honest when he came out with all that guff about avoiding boom and bust, and house prices?

Comment

Working...
                    X