• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ronnie Scotts Documentary Last Night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronnie Scotts Documentary Last Night

Fascinating.

Had all the great in there at one time or another: Ella, Lady Day, Dizzy....

Have always wanted to go.

Guess you nerd to book up some time in advance if you want to get a table.

And I suppose the type of music that gets played there has diversified somewhat so you need to check the listings to make sure what's on is your cup of tea.

Interestingly, as I was watching, I was thinking that they don't make interesting documentaries like this anymore.

All was revealed when the credits rolled to reveal it was an old Omnibus programme from 1989.

Was a RS member for quite a while, saw some great acts playing there, had a fantastic New Years there with the late George Melly - hilariously vulgar - who kept eyeing up the ex, the dirty old man!

Missed seeing Diana Krall which I regret.

Most bizarre thing I've ever seen in such a relaxed venue as RS was a sudden fight that broke out amongst some suited young gents which was quickly dissipated by the bouncers in record time.

Not sure what it's like now, haven't been there for ages.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Yes I saw it. And the programme after which featured some great vintage performances.

I went there years ago to see Marcus Valle. One of the best nights I've had; must have been before the smoking ban as I seem to recall everyone (myself included) puffing away like Turks.

Bit out of touch with the contempoary jazz scene though so don't know who's hot. Perfer more Bossa influenced stuff these days.

Comment

I've never been but I'd like to go one day. My uncle Dennis was a great jazz fan (a 'cat', as I believe they are called). Unfortunately my father was classical, most of which bored me to tears.

Comment

Working...
        X