• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency recovering hotel costs through contractor expenses.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency recovering hotel costs through contractor expenses.

Advice please.

The agency paid for my hotel costs as the client refused to pay (long story).

I submitted my chargeable expenses through the portal as usual and the agency has changed the values, basically removing two of the fields and adding a field for 'hotel'. This changes the amount I'm claiming for as two hotel stays are more expensive than what was removed. It works out about another £100 more than the original (authorised) and locked timesheet.

The agency said they are merging the costs together and the amount I claim is the amount I originally put down on the form.

This doesn't seem right to me.

The invoice I've generated is what I originally claimed for with receipts.

Let me know your thoughts.

So you are asking if you should be happy your name being on an expenses sheet you known to be fraudulent?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Thought as much. Cheers.

Comment

But if you look at it purely from an amoral perspective, the contract is with agency, not the client. As long as the paperwork from contractor to agency is bulletproof then what the agency does with their relationship with the client is essentially only their business. If the agency agree to pay but the client doesn't then that's the agency's issue.

Just make sure the documentation is robust and you can both ethically and legally show that you've invoiced in good faith.

Comment

Originally posted by disarm View Post
          I submitted my chargeable expenses through the portal as usual and the agency has changed the values
          I'm confused by this. Who's portal?

I once used a portal that was owned by the clientco and both contractor and agency had access to this. Both contractor and agent could change timesheets and expenses. I would certainly not be getting tied up in any number fudging on that portal.

Comment

It was the agencies portal system.

I invoiced for my actual expenses, not including their costs. They shouldn't be allowed to change it especially once it has been authorised by the client.

Comment

I'd offer showing your receipts to the client on the basis that you aren't aware of any dodgy activity.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                I'd offer showing your receipts to the client on the basis that you aren't aware of any dodgy activity.
                Give them a copy of the receipts as companies tend to need them for accounting purposes.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X