• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Olympic council flats for £5,000 a week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Olympic council flats for £5,000 a week

The tenants are advertising their properties on websites and one boasted to an undercover reporter that she was using revenues from illicit rentals to pay for lavish holidays.

The disclosure will add to growing government fears over the abuse of the council house system, which costs taxpayers billions of pounds every year. Councils and housing associations said they would investigate.

Local authorities said tenants were allowed to take in lodgers but not sublet their properties. Ministers are poised to make subletting a council house a criminal offence, as it is only a civil offence at the moment.

Source: The Olympic council flats for £5,000 a week - Telegraph

Our very own sasguru was boasting he can rent out his mansion in order to fund luxury holiday!

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Our very own sasguru was boasting he can rent out his mansion in order to fund luxury holiday!
    There are very few council houses in Wandsworth, maggie sold them all.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      What about Wandsworth HMP?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        ...to sasguru. No wonder he's a Tory toff.

Comment

The London situation is interesting. I have researched this thoroughly and called over 300 b+b's, hotels and holiday lets, as I hate spending too much money and I am staying in London over the Olympics.

- Some people are keeps their rates the same
          - Some are doubling or tripling their rates at least
          - Others are only taking minimum bookings or arent taking any at all

Chatted to a couple of helpful apartment owners/hosts who have informed me, some places are fully booked, but as for everyone else, nobody has a clue whatsoever what is happening or what will happen and are just guessing.

Anyway, Ive managed to rent quite a central clean apartment for under £80p/n, so Im happy enough. Found quite a few well rated places for under £100p/n but the more I save, the more money to spend on food and drink .... Mmmmmm yummy!

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
            Anyway, Ive managed to rent quite a central clean apartment for under £80p/n, so Im happy enough.
            Which part of Olympics you competing in?

Comment

The Cretin relay. You're on the same team, aren't you?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                The Cretin relay. You're on the same team, aren't you?

Im not. A member of the OH's family, has made a cretin move and decided to have a wedding during the games instead of postponing it a week or so. Really idiotic and inconsiderate on the guests.

So rather than just go there for the wedding, discussed it and though we might as well have a proper break for a few days. Done everything I can to hammer down costs so we get a nicer and longer break ....

Im dreading it in a small way though, because I can see it being very busy! But London baby!

Comment

Working...
                X