• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just found another way to waste a saturday afternoon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found another way to waste a saturday afternoon

and risk getting a migraine

Saw the id Super Pack for sale on Steam for £38, comprising over 20 of id Software's games from Commander Keen through to Quake 3

The graphics on the older ones are worse than I remember, but having another play on them after nearly 20 years brings back memories.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Commander Keen ain't full series
    Last edited by AtW; 18 February 2012, 16:10.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Commander Keen ain't full series
      I found free downloadable zips of Episode 6 and Keen Dreams at Commander Keen - Links & Resources.

So just a matter of downloading a DOS emulator like the one Steam uses. Any recommendations?

God, is this all sad or what?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I found free downloadable zips of Episode 6 and Keen Dreams at Commander Keen - Links & Resources.

So just a matter of downloading a DOS emulator like the one Steam uses. Any recommendations?

God, is this all sad or what?
        you could try DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS

I might see if I can get worms working. That was a classic.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I am currently using dosbox .74 to play machiavelli the prince and v4victory
          on a 16 bit

its works just fine
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Nice find!

Return to Castle Wolfenstein, that brings back memories...
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

you guys should also go to "good old games" at gog.com, there are some classics there that are really cheap and work instantly without any fiddling about.

Comment

Working...
              X